MINI SUITE QUESTIONS

dallascruiser

On 7/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, dallascruiser said:

Thanks you all, I was afraid I was not covered in this category for RESERVE.  I’m not happy with my TA she told me she booked me in regular balcony, and now when prices dropped a bunch I contacted her and she told me I’m in MC category.  I should know my now not to trust TA’s.

Okay, but I think you have some responsibility for your own sake when booking a vacation to at least look into the basics such as PCL cabin category information and deck plans, etc, FAQ's, which are all covered on Princess.com.  Your booking confirmation would have clearly indicated not being in a regular balcony.  IDK if you need a new TA or not, but I wouldn't be happy with a TA who perhaps doesn't know the cruise line very well and also I wouldn't deal with one who doesn't give a discount on the PCL pricing because they serve me no purpose otherwise (I do realize some folks need guidance and support from a TA).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DebJ14 said:

M6 is also Reserve Class.  On the Regal those are the forward cabins with the huge balconys.  The M1 Reserve Class are more mid ship. M6 is cheaper than M1, but still Reserve Class.

This was previously acknowledged in post #13,  but thanks.

On 7/7/2023 at 1:13 PM, dallascruiser said:

I am booked in a MC category on Regal Princess, which is a mini suite.  Does that mean I have the Reserve?  With separate dining etc?  I haven’t cruised with Princess for ages, so I’m really not up to date on everything Princess.  Thanks

LINDA

the Mini Suites will be M1 and are in a supposedly  better location

On 7/8/2023 at 1:54 PM, DebJ14 said:

M6 is also Reserve Class.  On the Regal those are the forward cabins with the huge balconys.  The M1 Reserve Class are more mid ship. M6 is cheaper than M1, but still Reserve Class.

I believe the M6 is in the very front of the ship

On 7/7/2023 at 11:50 AM, dallascruiser said:

Thanks you all, I was afraid I was not covered in this category for RESERVE.  I’m not happy with my TA she told me she booked me in regular balcony, and now when prices dropped a bunch I contacted her and she told me I’m in MC category.  I should know my now not to trust TA’s.

!st...after final payment, you will probably have a chance to bid up to a better class cabin.

2nd...We have used the same Internet TA for decades. I can go on their website AND PICK MY OWN CABIN !  I hold it and THEN call to confirm everything. Some people are under the impression that if you use an Internet site that you cannot speak directly to someone. That is not true.

ALSO, many years ago, someone asked for the name of my agent.

Inadvertently, I posted it.

Shortly after that, I received a slap on the hand from cruisecritic & a warning that if I did that again, I would be forever banished from this site   :O(

• Like 1

My TA got let go during Covid and they didn't hire him back. I worked with him for 8 years and he was very good. I have now gone through 4 TA's before I got one that has been very helpful. Once you find a good person that understands what you are looking for you don't want to give that up.