Spirit Cruises 2024

Hi there,

I am currently booked on the Spirit for January 2024 Auckland to Sydney. We have noticed now that we are 200 days out that there are no excursions posted. 

My PCC was very concerned about this trip being cancelled as I had another trip already cancelled for Alaska to Hawaii on the Spirit for 2025. He suggested I call Shore Excursions- when I did the answer I received was what we were expecting.

The woman I spoke to told me many have been calling for this ships final sailings and nothing is posted. I asked if she has seen this before and what was the reason. She hesitated and told me either the itinerary changes or… the ship was cancelled. I feel as if NCL needs to be transparent about this as many people have long term plans for this trip or booked their own flights. 

Is anyone on a 2024 Spirit cruise that is “happening” as of right now- and do you have excursions? 

According to Norwegian's website, The Spirit will be sailing cruises out of Syndey from December 2023 through March 2024.  My guess would be since this is a new itinerary shore excursion contracts have not been signed.  The Spirit has been re-assigned to the Asian market for Spring and Summer 2024 before returning to Syndey for the Winter Season.

With all the changes taking place within the Norwegian Corporate structure, it might take a bit to get things signed or re-signed.

• Like 1

It not unusual for no excursions 200 days out.
Our next Star cruise is only just starting to get excursions drop in at 187 days out and still half the ports have none listed.

After some more research, I found an article from Cruise Industry News dated 20 June 2023 saying that both the Spirit's 2024 Alaskan cruise season AND the 2024-2025 Australia/ New Zealand cruise seasons have been canceled.  The Spirit is going to sail out of Taiwan to Japan and South Korea with some sort of charter agreement.

7 hours ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Hi there,

I am currently booked on the Spirit for January 2024 Auckland to Sydney. We have noticed now that we are 200 days out that there are no excursions posted. 

My PCC was very concerned about this trip being cancelled as I had another trip already cancelled for Alaska to Hawaii on the Spirit for 2025. He suggested I call Shore Excursions- when I did the answer I received was what we were expecting.

The woman I spoke to told me many have been calling for this ships final sailings and nothing is posted. I asked if she has seen this before and what was the reason. She hesitated and told me either the itinerary changes or… the ship was cancelled. I feel as if NCL needs to be transparent about this as many people have long term plans for this trip or booked their own flights. 

Is anyone on a 2024 Spirit cruise that is “happening” as of right now- and do you have excursions? 

I was booked on the Spirit for B2B cruises in December 2024.  They were cancelled by NCL. Ship is going to sail out of Taiwan.

8 hours ago, www3traveler said:

According to Norwegian's website, The Spirit will be sailing cruises out of Syndey from December 2023 through March 2024.  My guess would be since this is a new itinerary shore excursion contracts have not been signed.  The Spirit has been re-assigned to the Asian market for Spring and Summer 2024 before returning to Syndey for the Winter Season.

With all the changes taking place within the Norwegian Corporate structure, it might take a bit to get things signed or re-signed.

Those sailings are actually not new at all- they happened the past few years! 

1 minute ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Oh wow- amazing.

we were considering doing that itinerary as well. Please post about it! 
and sorry can’t see signatures on the phone haha. I don’t use a computer very often

A real bucket list trip to do Antarctica and Falklands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

I saw a lovely Australia and Bali cruise for that time. Huge shame it got cancelled 

Yea - I was booked on that one - nothing even close to it for a replacement - at least not on NCL.

13 hours ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Hi there,

I am on a Spirit cruise in February 2024.  One excursion was added a few weeks ago.  I asked about this on one of the 2023-2024 Aus-NZ cruise discussions and was told that their excursions did not show up until around the 120 day mark.

The issue is the destination, not the ship or even the timing.  I've booked excursions a year in advance for some cruises.  There are plenty of excursions for the Spirit December 8, 2023 (Tahiti to Sydney). 1 excursion in Melbourne for Auckland to Sydney (January 4, 2024).

Does it make me nervous that there aren't any excursions - you bet. On the fence whether or not I will make final payment if there aren't excursions by then.  Latest target date, per the excursion desk, is "sometime in July" - translation, they haven't a clue.

4 hours ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

If Australia gets cancelled- we might switch to that sailing. Seems like a great deal. Antarctica isn’t on my bucket list but it is on my partners! 

We did the Spirit Sydney to Auckland in March this year and it was amazing, you will love it.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

The issue is the destination, not the ship or even the timing.  I've booked excursions a year in advance for some cruises.  There are plenty of excursions for the Spirit December 8, 2023 (Tahiti to Sydney). 1 excursion in Melbourne for Auckland to Sydney (January 4, 2024).

Does it make me nervous that there aren't any excursions - you bet. On the fence whether or not I will make final payment if there aren't excursions by then.  Latest target date, per the excursion desk, is "sometime in July" - translation, they haven't a clue.

WOW! That's crazy and kind of goes with my theory. I was thinking if the cruiseline does not book the full ship for these sailings it would have the Spirit go from Papeete to Australia and then just immediately bring her to Taiwan. We also decided that if the excursions are not posted for two weeks before final payment we will be scheduling a different cruise.

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

I am on a Spirit cruise in February 2024.  One excursion was added a few weeks ago.  I asked about this on one of the 2023-2024 Aus-NZ cruise discussions and was told that their excursions did not show up until around the 120 day mark.

I was told this at first, but then my PCC and Shore Excursion desk worker told me otherwise.