One way travel insurance for Southampton to NYC.

We are travelling to NYC en route to our home in Ohio. We are trying to arrange travel insurance ( both seniors) for the one way trip. Does anyone know, or have any tips for a suitable insurer. 

I have tried Cunard but they want me to take a yearly policy for circa £1200 each. That is not suitable.  

Thanks in advance. 

43 minutes ago, EasternWiseguy said:

We are travelling to NYC en route to our home in Ohio. We are trying to arrange travel insurance ( both seniors) for the one way trip. Does anyone know, or have any tips for a suitable insurer. 

I have tried Cunard but they want me to take a yearly policy for circa £1200 each. That is not suitable.  

Thanks in advance. 

If you happen to post about this again (another "new" thread) - and for others - please put the country in the *title* (especially if it is not the USA, given that most who ask here are in fact asking about the USA; and even here, the actual State can matter).

It's too bad that on CC, we aren't able to edit the main title if that becomes helpful.

That way, you'll maximize the number of eyes that see the country name, and you'll be more likely to get those who are familiar with insurance "there" to try to help.

I'm not sure if there is anything other than travel insurance such that where one lives is so important and makes such a difference - rather than where one is going/etc.!

[And if you are in fact legal residents Ohio and not Germany, then please ignore what I wrote above 😉 ... although I'm not sure why "Germany" is what you show under your UserID name... ] 

GC

12 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

If you happen to post about this again (another "new" thread) - and for others - please put the country in the *title* (especially if it is not the USA, given that most who ask here are in fact asking about the USA; and even here, the actual State can matter).

It's too bad that on CC, we aren't able to edit the main title if that becomes helpful.

That way, you'll maximize the number of eyes that see the country name, and you'll be more likely to get those who are familiar with insurance "there" to try to help.

I'm not sure if there is anything other than travel insurance such that where one lives is so important and makes such a difference - rather than where one is going/etc.!

[And if you are in fact legal residents Ohio and not Germany, then please ignore what I wrote above 😉 ... although I'm not sure why "Germany" is what you show under your UserID name... ] 

GC

Thanks I think. 

Right I am an Irish citizen working in Germany married to a US citizen. We have homes in Germany,Ireland and Ohio in the USA. Yes...I commute,usually by air.

In terms of insurance the INSURER asks WHERE we are resident. 

What would you suggest I put? 

All I was looking for was a point in the general direction of someone who can quote for a one way trip on the QM2. 

I can find NUMEROUS insurers,everyone of which asks for my return date ( not until January and insurance in my US residence is not required). 

As Cunard won't allow us to board without proof of insurance AND as it is a liner not a cruise , I am finding it most frustrating.

3 minutes ago, EasternWiseguy said:

Thanks I think. 

Right I am an Irish citizen working in Germany married to a US citizen. We have homes in Germany,Ireland and Ohio in the USA. Yes...I commute,usually by air.

In terms of insurance the INSURER asks WHERE we are resident. 

What would you suggest I put? 

All I was looking for was a point in the general direction of someone who can quote for a one way trip on the QM2. 

I can find NUMEROUS insurers,everyone of which asks for my return date ( not until January and insurance in my US residence is not required). 

As Cunard won't allow us to board without proof of insurance AND as it is a liner not a cruise , I am finding it most frustrating.

This is a GREAT question that maybe @iamtrustworthy can help with.

To OP, iamtrustworthy because he is a subject matter expert for travel insurance and may be able to help. Your situation is very unique since travel insurance is very specific to residency and heavily regulated by Countries, and here is the US, by individual States.