BLU - Views on Edge Class Ships

Islander500

First some background... 

I often book AQ on Solstice Class ships for two reasons. One, I like BLU not so much for the special menu (and I'm able to order from MDR on some nights) but because I can sit by the huge glass windows and enjoy the ocean views during dinner. For me, that is very special.  Second, on non-port intensive cruises, I like relaxing in the Persian Garden with, again, the views. So on a recent cruise on Edge, I really did not like the location of BLU and really preferred the 4 restaurant options (thankfully, I had booked a veranda.)

I'm considering a transatlantic on Apex and wondering how the location and views from BLU compares to the location on Solstice class ships. Ive seen a few pics on-line and the views look quite blocked and unappealing to me.  Would love to hear from those who have experienced BLU on any of the Edge ships. I heard that they have made some modifications since the Edge ship, so if you can be ship-specific about your experience, it would be very helpful.

Of course, I would miss out on the Persian Garden if I don't book AQ but I can buy a pass for that and I'd rather just do the regular restaurants with some specialty nights if the views from BLU are not appealing.  

Thanks so much for your help!

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

First some background... 

I often book AQ on Solstice Class ships for two reasons. One, I like BLU not so much for the special menu (and I'm able to order from MDR on some nights) but because I can sit by the huge glass windows and enjoy the ocean views during dinner. For me, that is very special.  Second, on non-port intensive cruises, I like relaxing in the Persian Garden with, again, the views. So on a recent cruise on Edge, I really did not like the location of BLU and really preferred the 4 restaurant options (thankfully, I had booked a veranda.)

I'm considering a transatlantic on Apex and wondering how the location and views from BLU compares to the location on Solstice class ships. Ive seen a few pics on-line and the views look quite blocked and unappealing to me.  Would love to hear from those who have experienced BLU on any of the Edge ships. I heard that they have made some modifications since the Edge ship, so if you can be ship-specific about your experience, it would be very helpful.

Of course, I would miss out on the Persian Garden if I don't book AQ but I can buy a pass for that and I'd rather just do the regular restaurants with some specialty nights if the views from BLU are not appealing.  

Thanks so much for your help!

The first two Edge Class ships have the same issue with views from Blu being blocked by a lifeboat. This was remedied on the Beyond and Ascent. So sailing on the Apex in AQ will be the exact same experience as on the Edge. 

• Thanks 2

The view on the Beyond is no comparison to those on the S class ships.  When looking out, there is a small deck and you can see the water beyond that.  I have read that on the Ascent, there is a plan to have some outdoor seating  for Blu.  The food and service were excellent by the way.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

The view on the Beyond is no comparison to those on the S class ships.  When looking out, there is a small deck and you can see the water beyond that.  I have read that on the Ascent, there is a plan to have some outdoor seating  for Blu.  The food and service were excellent by the way.

I have been on the Beyond and on the Reflection in Aqua Class. They're totally different. I don't necessarily think Blu is nicer on the S-Class than the Beyond. 

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I have been on the Beyond and on the Reflection in Aqua Class. They're totally different. I don't necessarily think Blu is nicer on the S-Class than the Beyond. 

The OP asked about the views from Blu. I would take the views from any S class ship than the one on the Beyond.  Looking out onto an abandoned deck on the Beyond was not appealing to me.

• Thanks 2

We no longer sail in AQ.  Never loved the Persian Garden or the Perks.  The location of Blu on the Edge class ships is poor.  It is actually partially in a hallway and doesn't feel like a private dining room.  If you dine early or late, you might get a decent table near the windows, rather then the hallway.  However the Edge class ships and fabulous and beautiful.  Many dining venues to try. Some free and some for an uncharge. 

• Thanks 1