Question about drink package for those who don’t drink much.

Pandacruise

Thinking about the drink package for our cruise.   Has anyone gotten it that may only have a couple drinks and then take advantage of the other perks? Like na frozen drinks, coffee drinks, energy drinks…….

Thanks!

It's just a math thing, will you come out ahead with Cheers, or would you prefer to pre-pay for your alcohol and not have to worry about paying per drink. If the answer to those questions is yes then buy it...

We had the cheers package on our cruise last week.  In addition to alcohol, we got coffee drinks, gatorade, bottled water, monsters, and shakes too.  We definitely ended up paying way more for cheers than we would have spent on individual drinks but we weren't sure how much we'd end up drinking and didn't want to not get a drink because of the price.  Cheers took the guilt away lol- we ordered whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted!   And cheers tip-  you can order a bottled water and an alcoholic drink at the same time, you don't have to wait 5 min.  So we did that every time!  For some reason you can't order a non-alcoholic drink and a water at the same time but before I realized that, the coffee shop worker let me have them both and said he'd run my card again in 5 min.  

Last October my husband and I did a B2B on the Spirit. The first one of 8 days, we had the drink package and definitely got our use out of it. But I knew there was no way I would want anything alcoholic the next six days so we didn’t get it. I did drink coffee and water whenever I wanted and got a couple of drinks too. My husband ordered whatever he wanted as well.  We’ve decided going forward that we won’t get the package anymore. For us, it will work out better that way. I can get water delivered to the room and bring on a 12 pack of Coke (I hate Pepsi anyway.) And my husband can drink whatever he feels like. My few drinks and coffees will not add up to $70 a day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandacruise said:

Thinking about the drink package for our cruise.   Has anyone gotten it that may only have a couple drinks and then take advantage of the other perks? Like na frozen drinks, coffee drinks, energy drinks……

Hi @Pandacruise🙂

Click on the link below. 

'Drink Package Calculator' 

https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator/

🍷🍸🍹🍺🍾🥤🥂🥛🍷🍹

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pandacruise said:

Thinking about the drink package for our cruise.   Has anyone gotten it that may only have a couple drinks and then take advantage of the other perks? Like na frozen drinks, coffee drinks, energy drinks…….

Thanks!

For a seven day cruise it is almost 1000 dollars for cheers for two. You can buy a lot of drinks a la carte for that. You may find yourself tired of drinking coffee and energy drinks after a while. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

For a seven day cruise it is almost 1000 dollars for cheers for two. You can buy a lot of drinks a la carte for that. You may find yourself tired of drinking coffee and energy drinks after a while. 

I was on a 10 day cruise and can vouch for this lol.  We did get a little tired of feeling like we needed to order drinks. My one coffee in the morning and a few drinks in the afternoon, a glass of wine at dinner, was all I needed and it would have been waaaaaay cheaper without cheers.  But us getting the cheers package was a learning experience.  You know the ol' "eyes bigger than your stomach (or liver, as the case may be)"....

1 minute ago, bluejay555 said:

I was on a 10 day cruise and can vouch for this lol.  We did get a little tired of feeling like we needed to order drinks. My one coffee in the morning and a few drinks in the afternoon, a glass of wine at dinner, was all I needed and it would have been waaaaaay cheaper without cheers.  But us getting the cheers package was a learning experience.  You know the ol' "eyes bigger than your stomach (or liver, as the case may be)"....

My daughter bought cheers for me once. It was nice and all but I got tired of drinking after a while. In my 30's cheers would have been a no brainer but the 56 year old me can't hang like I used to. It is a la carte for me now so I can drink on selected days thrown in with my bottle of wine and the platinum party is enough for me now. This getting older isn't all its cracked up to be 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

My daughter bought cheers for me once. It was nice and all but I got tired of drinking after a while. In my 30's cheers would have been a no brainer but the 56 year old me can't hang like I used to. It is a la carte for me now so I can drink on selected days thrown in with my bottle of wine and the platinum party is enough for me now. This getting older isn't all its cracked up to be 😉 

Exactly!  😂 I turned 50 this yr and I hear ya!  

• Like 1

It is math- for the booze. We few people would realistically spend $60 (or $120 a day for a couple) on non-alcoholic drinks. But you do not have to get the 15 drinks to justify the purchase. Even at three drinks, some might find Cheers worth the price. Consider the average price of a drink is $12, then add two coffees at $4, a couple of bottles of water and cans of soda at $3 each, and a shake or frozen drink at $7 then you would be at the $60 break-even point. 

Additionally, there is a lot of sharing on Cheers. I observed this (and benefited) firsthand on my recent cruise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

It's just a math thing, will you come out ahead with Cheers, or would you prefer to pre-pay for your alcohol and not have to worry about paying per drink. If the answer to those questions is yes then buy it...

What