Small cruise ships..with 35-220+/- people! Must do!!

Krob58

4 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

Sorry for the delay getting back to you ... it's a sort of clearing house for tours, so not sure if I can actually quote the full website as it might be considered an "agent" and I don't want to annoy the CruiseCritic powers that be šŸ˜... it lists tours and has Radar in the name so hopefully you can work it out from there.Ā  I actually didn't know the ship or any details apart from the basic itinerary until about a day or so before as somehow I never got any paperwork and I had to chase my contact once I was in Croatia to get the vessel name so I knew where to go to board!Ā  It was a very happy surprise once on board and I was very happy with the room and ship.Ā  It's very different to the "usual", but I would happily do it again ... just trying to fit it into my schedule and travel budget!

Ah, gotcha! Nudge-nudge, wink-wink.

it sounds like a great trip.

Anyone tried Blue Lagoon Cruises out of Fiji? Small like the cruises in Croatia on this thread. Reasonably priced but super expensive to get there.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2023 at 11:00 AM, Krob58 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any small ship lines like Katarina Lines (37 passengers) but that go to the Caribbean??

I'm not finding much luck other Star Clippers which is 145+

I'd love to do a 38+/- to the Caribbean but not having much luck, most go to Seychelles, South Pacific areas.

Thanks

We sailed to Cuba on Pearl Seas, 212 pax, in 2019, and last year Quebec City to Portland, Me.Ā  We recommend them.Ā  Only 1 ship, Pearl Mist.Ā  It is owned by American Cruise Lines, ships average 100 pax.Ā 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/6/2023 at 3:14 PM, gullcruiser said:

Hello!

I'm looking for a small ship (up to 500) that sails to or in Alaska.Ā  I've found a couple with National Geographic but the affordable rooms as so small I would be claustrophobic! Any suggestions?

Thanks

American Cruise Lines does an Alaska cruise--ships average about 100 pax.

They just introduced a referral program--$500 discount for referrer and referree

Edited by Tom47

So again I just came back from my third cruise with Katarina Lines, the ship was the MV Seagull, it holds around 35 but there were only about 25 at any one given time. The trip I was on this time was called 'Southern Explorer' from Split, Croatia to Split. A week long, I love these cruises which I why I started this topic.

And unknown to me they allow two day options on their cruises, maybe only if not sold out.Ā 

I also found an answer to a question that's been bothering me for some time, of course the answer seems obvious now.

My question was why couldn't I find any small ship (38 passengers) going to the Caribbean??

And from what the tour manager on this cruise told me it's because these smaller ships can't handle the rougher open waters of the Caribbean. Simple enough. Where Katarina sails is in the Adriatic which are much calmer waters.

So now I can stop looking for something that doesn't exist.

I've just booked my 4th cruise on Katarina Lines for June 2025, the trip is called 'Northern Gems', and these will be new islands for me as I've pretty much seen all of the southern ones.Ā 

Why do I keep going to Croatia? I just love being on the water! The Mediterranean is beautiful and the ships small and it's my relaxing trip of the year, I've decided to do a cruise once a year now. This previous one was in mid May and although we went swimming the water was chilly!

I travel quite often during the year and to see the country it's from hotel to hotel, packing and unpacking, these cruises are my stay in one place and relax trips!

Check out their website, they often have great deals, look for the specials!!!Ā 

Ā 

https://www.katarina-line.com

CROATIA ISLANDS-2024.jpg

MV SEAGULL-1.jpg

MV SEAGULL-2.jpg

MY TRIP-1.jpg

KL2 SOUTHERN EXPLORER.pdf

20 hours ago, Krob58 said:

My question was why couldn't I find any small ship (38 passengers) going to the Caribbean??

And from what the tour manager on this cruise told me it's because these smaller ships can't handle the rougher open waters of the Caribbean. Simple enough. Where Katarina sails is in the Adriatic which are much calmer waters.

So now I can stop looking for something that doesn't exist.

Somebody speaks with forked tongue šŸ™‚ The Adriatic weather / seas can be absolutely vile at times ... as can the Caribbean...Ā 

Having said that, just look at some of the private mega-yachts that frequent the Caribbean...they seem to manage OK? šŸ˜„

Ā 

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Somebody speaks with forked tongue šŸ™‚ The Adriatic weather / seas can be absolutely vile at times ... as can the Caribbean...Ā 

Having said that, just look at some of the private mega-yachts that frequent the Caribbean...they seem to manage OK? šŸ˜„

Ā 

yeah sure, thx for sharing