Price lowers after booking - can you rebook?

amzgirl

On 7/10/2023 at 8:05 PM, PROCRUISE said:

You could also request a Celebrity Personal Cruise Planner. He/she will have a direct extension number to call and work with you booking a cruise and follow up items, like price drops. Our PCP at X is pretty good at returning calls in at least a day. However, as mentioned, you could also secure a travel agent, who if good, will do all this for you.

I booked directly online three months ago, is it possible to still get a PCP? Or is it even worth the effort?
Thank you~

47 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

I booked directly online three months ago, is it possible to still get a PCP? Or is it even worth the effort?
Thank you~

It's always possible to get a PCP and your present booking could be turned over to him/her. Many people, however, simply know what they want and book directly through the website. I usually know what I want but will question our PCP about cabin location, perks, deposit, upcoming promotions. My TA, who did throw in some OBC and was very helpful for many years, passed away earlier this year. When I picked up an X PCP, I had a previously booked cruise, through my TA, and had it moved to him. I even had to remind him of veteran discount on another cruise I booked through him. Actually, if I could locate a really good TA, like my previous one, my choice would be another TA due to group bookings that they might have and any OBC they might extend to me.

Edited by PROCRUISE

Thank you @PROCRUISE.

In the past I have gone with a decent TA from a major east coast travel agency. He was more of an order taker and not much else, and I never had to test him with anything wrong. I did get good rates and OBC. This time (with things still in a bit of a flux) I decided to go the direct non-TA route because I felt if anything went wrong I didn't want to have to wait for my TA to 'try' to fix it and I could do it direct with Celebrity. Especially during off hours.

In the near future I will connect with a PCP as I have a few questions, plan to upgrade our drink package and also need to make a correction on my wife's information.