Refund on OBC timeline.

Toledosfinest

We returned from the Discovery Princess about 5 weeks ago, and was wondering from all the Princess cruisers how long did it take to get your "Refundable" shipboard credit refunded through the mail? We have over $500 were expecting, and guest services on the ship advised to expect the check in about 4 weeks. 

Hah!  Excellent timing.  We returned from Hawaii on June 17th.  We had about $125 in refundable credits and the check arrived today (July 10th)  - a bit over 3 weeks later.

The check arrives in a plain envelope and looks very much like junk mail. It is from some name that has nothing to do with Princess, so be careful!  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CaliforniaDon said:

The check arrives in a plain envelope and looks very much like junk mail. It is from some name that has nothing to do with Princess, so be careful!  Good luck.

It certainly does look like junk mail!  I almost tossed some refunded Future Cruise Deposits that I wasn’t expecting!  I now know to be careful if I expect an Onboard Credit refund!

The return address on the envelope used to be Bottom Line Technologies, but I had read here recently that Princess was making it a little more obvious that it was not junk mail by having “Princess” somewhere on the envelope. 

@Toledosfinest, love your user name. I was born and raised in Toledo and my family is all still there.  In fact, my mom is in the Monclova/Holland area. 

On 7/11/2023 at 11:26 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

The return address on the envelope used to be Bottom Line Technologies, but I had read here recently that Princess was making it a little more obvious that it was not junk mail by having “Princess” somewhere on the envelope. 

@Toledosfinest, love your user name. I was born and raised in Toledo and my family is all still there.  In fact, my mom is in the Monclova/Holland area. 

It's a small world. We live in Springfield Twsp about 2 minutes from Monclova. We have a Holland Mailing address.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don't sweat yet. It took me about 7 weeks to get mine. It will come, as long as it's OBC from your travel agency or something like that. When you get it, it will be in an envelope with the words Princess Cruiseline and another financial company on the return address. You can call Princess like I did, and they will just keep saying " it will arrive in a few weeks." Good Luck.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:33 PM, caribill said:

Cruise ended June 28.

Check received July 12.

But the final onboard account statement, which usually arrives by E-mail within 48 hours, did not arrive until August 25, almost two months later.

10 hours ago, Toledosfinest said:

Don't sweat yet. It took me about 7 weeks to get mine. It will come, as long as it's OBC from your travel agency or something like that. l Princess like I did, and they will just keep saying " it will arrive in a few weeks." Good Luck.

If you look at your final statement, usually sent by E-mail within 48 hours of the cruise ending, you can tell if there is any refundable OBC that will be mailed to you.

If there is a check coming, there will be an entry on the statement saying "Referred to Corporate Finance" along with the amount. 

8 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

Still waiting for ours--disembarked July 22nd.  Reading these updates continues to give me hope!

Our Carib Princess cruise ended July 15, haven't gotten our check yet as well.