Anyone going on a Ruby Princess cruise?

I am aware that the Ruby Princess is presently sailing overseas at the moment and I think it will be sometime before it is likely to return to Australia - if ever given its past history. I was wondering if anyone from Sydney has an upcoming cruise on the Ruby Princess. My wife and I were on it just before the outbreak of Covid and I would be asking for a fairly easy favour. I will give further details if there are any favourable responses. Thank you so much.

She recently hit the dock (or a buoy?) in San Fransisco which resulted in hull damage and several days delay in sailing to Alaska. I think passengers were offered a 75% refund and 75% credit and could stay on the ship. I think it eventually sailed to Alaska with limited port stops. Iā€™d take that deal. šŸ˜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It could be a while, but Diamond Princess is cruising Japan, so anything is possible. Given the recent shuffle that will bring Crown & Diamond here, I think any possibility of Ruby coming back is at least years away.

Ā 

Sorry, I don't know of anyone. For anyone wanting to cruise Alaska, doing it from San Francisco adds some extra sea days and a better turnaround port with direct flights to boot.

• Like 1

Yes, I doubt that Ruby Princess will ever come back to Australia. I was just hoping that maybe someone from Sydney might be taking a cruise 'overseas' on her in the next few months.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Ā 

Sorry, I don't know of anyone. For anyone wanting to cruise Alaska, doing it from San Francisco adds some extra sea days and a better turnaround port with direct flights to boot.

Ā 

Not so handy if you want to do tour of Canadian Rockies before or after the cruise.

2 hours ago, valantine80 said:

Ā 

Not so handy if you want to do tour of Canadian Rockies before or after the cruise.

Rockies are still doable with little hassle, but cruises out of San Francisco do line up nicely with West Coast US - Vegas, Grand Canyon, Tijuana, LA, Disney.

Ā 

Do both, and also do Denali, but when it comes to comparing the cruises, the extra sea days from San Francisco are worthwhile.

• Like 2

Since Covid, and more recently with the Ruby Princess crashing into the pier at SFO, the media has emphatically presented the ship as disaster prone. I don't think most Australians, myself included, would be lining up to get on board, particularly when there are other ships with similar itineraries. Its brand is damaged here. Leave it in the US for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:06 PM, Cascade1 said:

Yes, I doubt that Ruby Princess will ever come back to Australia. I was just hoping that maybe someone from Sydney might be taking a cruise 'overseas' on her in the next few months.

You could try posting in the roll calls for her upcoming cruises. You might find an Aussie that way. šŸ˜Š

• Like 1