Saudi Arabia visa

wren2

I will be on the Silver Spirit calling in at two Saudi ports in November. Just wanted to let everyone know that, with help from my TA, I applied online and received my multiple visa in just over three hours after applying. It is valid for one year.

Assume you are on the 16th November and a UK passport holder.

What was the cost for Saudi Arabia ?

Do you need one for Bahrain ?

Last travelled by cruise ship in this area in 2019. Didn’t need a visa for Qatar or Oman. UAE was visa on arrival with no fee.

Edited by difranco

I was on the Cloud recently and we were in Saudi for a week. We were told by Silversea to get our own e-visas and the process was simple, as long as your photo was the right size.  It cost around £100 per person.  It is my understanding that passengers who only make a day stop in Jeddah will get their visas on arrival.  Better check this of course but that was what happened when the Spirit last went there. UK citizens do not need a visa for Bahrain, Qatar, UAE or Oman.

Edited by Fletcher

We did Mumbai to Athens on the Spirit in March this year 

There is such a thing as a maritime visa which is especially for cruise passengers and valid for 4 days, $29 US , including the mandatory insurance.

The application is fiddly but we got there in the end.It was also issued just a few days before we arrived in Jeddah.

3 hours ago, Gk9 said:

We did Mumbai to Athens on the Spirit in March this year 

There is such a thing as a maritime visa which is especially for cruise passengers and valid for 4 days, $29 US , including the mandatory insurance.

The application is fiddly but we got there in the end.It was also issued just a few days before we arrived in Jeddah.

We're doing the same trip next year, thanks for the info. Did you write a review or have any other information/tips at all?

40 minutes ago, sammyboots said:

We're doing the same trip next year, thanks for the info. Did you write a review or have any other information/tips at all?

We are also on that cruise March 2024

thanks

16 minutes ago, bitob said:

We are also on that cruise March 2024

thanks

Hi Bitob,we're actually on the May cruise not the March one but it is the Mumbai to Athens itinerary. I've done lots of cruises but I'm new to Silversea. 

Edited by sammyboots

5 minutes ago, sammyboots said:

Hi Bitob, have you joined the roll call? I've done lots of cruises but I'm new to Silversea. 

I may have started it. Lol. I will check We are boarding Moon tomorrow 

I did start it for the March 2024 cruise. We are doing 10 day private tour of India pre cruise 

Edited by bitob