Will Marina be refitted in time for Nov13-Dec 3, 2023 sailing Barcelona to Miami?

Lafayette59

I think initially it was scheduled for november 2023, but now it's apparently around april 2024. No one knows for sure...  We do know Marina is available to book all dates up to April.

Edited by davencl

1 minute ago, Lafayette59 said:

That does not make me happy. We were looking forward to the concierge bathroom update.

That is just an assumption based upon the cruises out there. The gap indicated could also perhaps be a private charter?? Until Oceania makes a formal announcement it is all conjecture.  Of course, that doesn’t slow us down here as I am sure you saw on the SimplyMore threads and many more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

That is just an assumption based upon the cruises out there. The gap indicated could also perhaps be a private charter?? Until Oceania makes a formal announcement it is all conjecture.  Of course, that doesn’t slow us down here as I am sure you saw on the SimplyMore threads and many more!

I'm booked on Marina both before and after the refit.  I've decided instead of wringing my hands it will provide a learning experience in the Oceania refresh program so I can have an informed opinion.  Novel thought.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I'm booked on Marina both before and after the refit.  I've decided instead of wringing my hands it will provide a learning experience in the Oceania refresh program so I can have an informed opinion.  Novel thought.

That will be nice! A first hand experience of her old days and revival back to back. I’ve been on Marina once before and have two in 2024.  

• Like 1

We are scheduled to sail on the 5/18 itinerary, which actually hasn’t been loaded into their website for very long. I happened upon it recently after watching that timeframe for quite a few months. Someone one these boards suggested it is the first sailing in a three week or so gap. Not sure if that makes me nervous or quite how to feel, but I sure hope it works well for you. 

14 hours ago, Lafayette59 said:

That does not make me happy. We were looking forward to the concierge bathroom update.

We just left Marina yesterday (July 11) after a Norway sailing and were in a Concierge stateroom on Deck 9.  I understand about the bathroom upgrade being appealing, but we still found that bathroom to be more than adequate even without the larger shower replacement.  The tub shower can still be used as a full shower if you are able.

We found the ship to be extremely well maintained with attention to detail, and we were looking for signs of her age after some comments on this board.

Here's hoping you enjoy your cruise as much as we just enjoyed ours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, willidc said:

We just left Marina yesterday (July 11) after a Norway sailing and were in a Concierge stateroom on Deck 9.  I understand about the bathroom upgrade being appealing, but we still found that bathroom to be more than adequate even without the larger shower replacement.  The tub shower can still be used as a full shower if you are able.

We found the ship to be extremely well maintained with attention to detail, and we were looking for signs of her age after some comments on this board.

Here's hoping you enjoy your cruise as much as we just enjoyed ours.

Thank you, the feedback of someone who was just on the ship is the gold standard, everything else is just speculation.

You are most welcome!

And do not forget that as a Concierge guest you have complimentary access to the Aquamar Spa facilities/showers and deck which many guests use in addition to their stateroom showers.