Viking Venus September 16, 2024 Trade Routes of the Middle Ages

RavensFan2011

31 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

You'll need to delete this one.

30 minutes ago, RavensFan2011 said:

I couldn’t figure out how to get to it! But found it now, thanks.

How do I delete mine?

Been a while since I navigated this site

Don't worry about it. It is too late to delete at this point. The 20 minute edit period has closed. This thread will eventually sink to the bottom of the pile with no harm done.

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

You probably should have done a search on Venus Roll Calls, as there is already one out there plus several replies.   You'll need to delete this one.

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

You probably should have done a search on Venus Roll Calls, as there is already one out there plus several replies.   You'll need to delete this one. The 

CcWineLover,

Please delete your post. 
You are mistaken. 
I did several searches, and for 2024, there are no other Trade Routes for these dates. 
If you cannot delete your erroneous post, then please ask CC to help. 
If I am incorrect, please provide the title to your Roll Call. 
Thanks so much🌞

Edited by Jukebo1x

13 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

@Jukebo1x, you misread what CCWine wrote. He said there is one roll call and it has several replies.  He did not say that there are several roll calls.

Moreover, he posted a link to that roll call so that anyone who reads this thread can find it. 

peregrina651- 

Sorry, however while we are all speaking English, and I have a Masters Degree,I am not understanding what either of you or CCWine… were trying to say.  

Since Viking Ocean began once again sailing, I have created five of these Roll Calls.

Meet & Mingles are still “paused”. 

I do these Roll Calls because, I’m hoping that we can all visit here, learn, and share all types of ideas about clothing, packing excursions, Viking, etc. for this 2024 cruise. 

In addition, on the last three “post-pandemic” cruises, I, with the help of Viking, created “get-togethers”, inviting those on the Roll Call page and FB page.  
As an example, the most recent (May), included 30+ Cruise Critic & FB followers and another 10+ Viking staff members from the Captain to the Tour Director.  
This latest event was held in the Wintergarden, and was (as with the others), lovely. 

I don’t want I’ll-feelings, and I don’t want to confuse people.Instead, can we talk Trade Routes?

Thank you for understanding. 

12 minutes ago, Jukebo1x said:

peregrina651- 

Sorry, however while we are all speaking English, and I have a Masters Degree,I am not understanding what either of you or CCWine… were trying to say.  

Since Viking Ocean began once again sailing, I have created five of these Roll Calls.

Meet & Mingles are still “paused”. 

I do these Roll Calls because, I’m hoping that we can all visit here, learn, and share all types of ideas about clothing, packing excursions, Viking, etc. for this 2024 cruise. 

In addition, on the last three “post-pandemic” cruises, I, with the help of Viking, created “get-togethers”, inviting those on the Roll Call page and FB page.  
As an example, the most recent (May), included 30+ Cruise Critic & FB followers and another 10+ Viking staff members from the Captain to the Tour Director.  
This latest event was held in the Wintergarden, and was (as with the others), lovely. 

I don’t want I’ll-feelings, and I don’t want to confuse people.Instead, can we talk Trade Routes?

The OP (RavensFan2011) created this Roll Call here, on the main Viking Oceans board. You created a Roll Call for the cruise on the Viking Venus Roll Calls board - which is exactly where it should be.

Roll Calls should not be on the main board, always on the appropriate ship roll call board, which is where yours is.

That's what @CCWineLover was telling the OP.  ... 🍺🥌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jukebo1x said:

peregrina651- 

[snip]

@Jukebo1x, you are right. I wasn't quite clear in my last post.

But CCWineLover was quite correct in what he posted and there is no reason to delete what he wrote. In fact, he took the time to find the correct roll call and to post the link so that OP could find what they were looking for. Not many people do that.

As to deleting the thread or any of the posts, it is a tempest in a teapot. No harm has been done and it is a waste of management's time to bother with such a trivial request. Let them concentrate their effort on more egregious infractions.

Personally, it you want to talk Trade Routes (which is a great idea), I would start a new thread here in the Viking Oceans forum that indicates you are starting the thread with the object of collecting information relevant to the itinerary (without regard to the date it is sailing). That way you will attract the attention of folks who have already done the itinerary (and they are the ones with the answers). Make sure to list the ports of call in the first paragraph; people like to share information about ports they have done if it wasn't while doing the Trade Routes itinerary. You start it, and I'll be there. I've already done 5 of the ports with Viking.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

The OP (RavensFan2011) created this Roll Call here, on the main Viking Oceans board. You created a Roll Call for the cruise on the Viking Venus Roll Calls board - which is exactly where it should be.

Roll Calls should not be on the main board, always on the appropriate ship roll call board, which is where yours is.

That's what @CCWineLover was telling the OP.  ... 🍺🥌

CurierRob-

Thank you for explaining what was going on. 
I now understand. 
If RavensFan2011 wants wants to be a part of our discussions, of course they can.
Thanks again for your assistance-Jeannette🌞 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

@Jukebo1x, you are right. I wasn't quite clear in my last post.

But CCWineLover was quite correct in what he posted and there is no reason to delete what he wrote. In fact, he took the time to find the correct roll call and to post the link so that OP could find what they were looking for. Not many people do that.

As to deleting the thread or any of the posts, it is a tempest in a teapot. No harm has been done and it is a waste of management's time to bother with such a trivial request. Let them concentrate their effort on more egregious infractions.

Personally, it you want to talk Trade Routes (which is a great idea), I would start a new thread here in the Viking Oceans forum that indicates you are starting the thread with the object of collecting information relevant to the itinerary (without regard to the date it is sailing). That way you will attract the attention of folks who have already done the itinerary (and they are the ones with the answers). Make sure to list the ports of call in the first paragraph; people like to share information about ports they have done if it wasn't while doing the Trade Routes itinerary. You start it, and I'll be there. I've already done 5 of the ports with Viking.

Thanks for your thoughts🌞