It's just a DREAM - TxTeach79's LIVE Dream 7/15 - Yeehaw!

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

Had a pretty nice night being chill, y’all. Felt good. I know this one ain’t at thrilling, but it’s definitely what I needed. 

There are cruises that are full of adventure and then there are some to just chill.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Had a pretty nice night being chill, y’all. Felt good. I know this one ain’t at thrilling, but it’s definitely what I needed. 

I have an extra day off from work today so I'm debating with myself to either deep clean the house, or quick surface clean and then just chill🤔

• Haha 3

They changed the banner image and wording on America Rocks last night to “Playlist in Concert” since they can’t do any of the real shows. 80’s Pop to the Max tonight, I’m guessing it’s the same deal. 

IMG_5757.thumb.png.e928297174fb677636ba553338ebabe5.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I have an extra day off from work today so I'm debating with myself to either deep clean the house, or quick surface clean and then just chill🤔

Hey TX neighbor - I'll take either the deep clean or quick clean, or something in between. Just let me know what time you'll be here and your beverage of choice, lol!!🤭🍷

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

43 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey TX neighbor - I'll take either the deep clean or quick clean, or something in between. Just let me know what time you'll be here and your beverage of choice, lol!!🤭🍷

HaHaHa good one😁 I picked in between. 3 loads of laundry, bathrooms cleaned, floors Swiffered, vacuumed. Now I'm parked in my recliner wondering if it's too early for a bag of Cheetos and a Big Red. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 7/19/2023 at 8:28 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Dream Atrium. Ya know, I love Vista class and I LOVE XL class (it’s Mardi Gras class. Let’s stop that.), but man, these still get me. 

IMG_5609.thumb.jpeg.f690d5f519f838ba0a29c544b0a91f99.jpeg

IMG_5610.thumb.jpeg.d19cdb6b36cafbccd502e0ba9b2a21e0.jpeg

I have to admit I love the new huge ships but I REALLY miss the huge grand atrium's. It's one of the things that really got me the very first time I stepped onto a cruise ship when I was young. Just the WHOA feeling about how huge and open this area felt and realizing this was at sea. It was one of the major things that drew me in and is still one of the things that has kept me cruising all these years. Now everything in on that scale but still a killer view I always have to visit when on those ships.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Kanyon71 said:

I have to admit I love the new huge ships but I REALLY miss the huge grand atrium's. It's one of the things that really got me the very first time I stepped onto a cruise ship when I was young. Just the WHOA feeling about how huge and open this area felt and realizing this was at sea. It was one of the major things that drew me in and is still one of the things that has kept me cruising all these years. Now everything in on that scale but still a killer view I always have to visit when on those ships.

Stepping on Ecstasy in 1993 and walking into my first Fantasy class atrium was one of the most mind blowing cruise experiences I’ve had to this day. Add to the fact that I was 14 and still had that childlike sense of wonder and awe cranked up to ten, I’ll never forget it. 

hell, I remember being blown out of my socks that they parked a freakin’ BUS on the Holiday’s promenade deck 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

hell, I remember being blown out of my socks that they parked a freakin’ BUS on the Holiday’s promenade deck 

Holiday was my very first cruise - green lights strung around the tail so at night there was a Christmas tree 🎄 up there - I thought that was special 🫣

Pretty sure I would have been awestruck if I'd seen a bus, so it must not have been there on our sailing. Now I'm sad I was on a sub-par cruise, 😆 lol 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Holiday was my very first cruise - green lights strung around the tail so at night there was a Christmas tree 🎄 up there - I thought that was special 🫣

Pretty sure I would have been awestruck if I'd seen a bus, so it must not have been there on our sailing. Now I'm sad I was on a sub-par cruise, 😆 lol 

this guy on Promenade?

IMG_5773.jpeg.b06ffc2aa17d43c76b714debeef5e145.jpeg

Jubilee had a Gazebo, Celebration had a trolley. 

that’s a still from this video which may bring back some memories…. Now this is from ‘07, looooong after I sailed her twice in the late 80’s and early 90’s, so it’s not exactly what I remember (wish I could find pics of the Blue Lagoon Lounge somewhere before it became Doc Holiday’s), but darn close. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Would you send her over to me when done at your house??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Stepping on Ecstasy in 1993 and walking into my first Fantasy class atrium was one of the most mind blowing cruise experiences I’ve had to this day. Add to the fact that I was 14 and still had that childlike sense of wonder and awe cranked up to ten, I’ll never forget it. 

Both myself and my wife are still amazed and awestruck when we get to the ship, just looking at how big they are and how tiny it makes us feel. One of our favorite things is the initial walk from the cruise terminal on to the ship and seeing the entry, we start smiling as we are walking through the arms and once we take that first step onto the ship it's all smiles. That IT'S VACATION TIME wave just sweeps over us.

I found an old picture a while back from my first cruise, my best friend and I were sitting on the huge anchor that used to be right at the old part of the port going into Cozumel back when Carlos and Charlies was right across the street in the early/mid 90's and you had to take the tender to shore before the new port and all the piers.

• Like 6