Needed trip insurance for 7 member family Alaska cruise on Regent, so I e-mailed your company. After several days & no response I called. Phone was answered by a man who didn’t identify himself or the company, but, after I explained why I was calling, stated he was very busy & would call me back. He said he noted my phone number, then hung up.

That was over 1 week ago & still no call.

All in all, a very unprofessional experience & I can’t imagine why anyone would choose to do business with this company.

At least this allowed me to purchase insurance through a well-known big box store at an excellent rate, which my TA said was a great deal! So, thanks for ghosting me.

As somebody who appreciates the services that Steve brings to travel industry, if what you are saying is 100% the gospel truth, then I can only assume that you fell through the cracks. What happened to you is not the norm, but sometimes people stumble and fall in their daily lives.

Having said that, I'm very happy that you were able to find someone who was able to provide you a service you are happy with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vertygo said:

Needed trip insurance for 7 member family Alaska cruise on Regent, so I e-mailed your company. After several days & no response I called. Phone was answered by a man who didn’t identify himself or the company, but, after I explained why I was calling, stated he was very busy & would call me back. He said he noted my phone number, then hung up.

That was over 1 week ago & still no call.

All in all, a very unprofessional experience & I can’t imagine why anyone would choose to do business with this company.

At least this allowed me to purchase insurance through a well-known big box store at an excellent rate, which my TA said was a great deal! So, thanks for ghosting me.

Hi Vertygo,

I can't say whow this happened, and you may not want to help me figure out how this happened to you, but if so, email me your phone number and I'll trck this down. My email is steve@tripinsurancestore.com

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vertygo said:

I personally choose to do business with Steve at thetripinsurancestore.com because of his vast knowledge of the travel insurance industry, personalized service, and he won’t sell you a policy that you don’t need. We have been buying policies from him for a number of years, and have referred many friends and family, who have all been happy with their service. Things happen, we are all human, but one failed call back does mean they are unprofessional as a whole.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, biggerbearmom said:

I personally choose to do business with Steve at thetripinsurancestore.com because of his vast knowledge of the travel insurance industry, personalized service, and he won’t sell you a policy that you don’t need. We have been buying policies from him for a number of years, and have referred many friends and family, who have all been happy with their service. Things happen, we are all human, but one failed call back does mean they are unprofessional as a whole.

Glad you’ve had a good experience. My poor experience included:

1-no response to email

2-unprofessional response on phone

3-call not returned as promised

I can understand one failed callback, but it was more than that as outlined above.

7 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi Vertygo,

I can't say whow this happened, and you may not want to help me figure out how this happened to you, but if so, email me your phone number and I'll trck this down. My email is steve@tripinsurancestore.com

Steve Dasseos

Thanks Steve, appreciate the offer & I’ll try to do that when things settle down.

Linda

4 hours ago, Vertygo said:

Glad you’ve had a good experience. My poor experience included:

1-no response to email

2-unprofessional response on phone

3-call not returned as promised

I can understand one failed callback, but it was more than that as outlined above.

Hi Linda,

> no response to email

I checked the email account that receives the email form information and there are only two requests from someone named "Linda" in the past 5 weeks, but neither of them live in California. I also checked all the requests in the past 5 weeks, but none of them reference an Alaska cruise on Regent.

> unprofessional response on phone

We answer the phone identifying ourselves. I say "Hi, this is Steve with TripInsuranceStore.com. How may I help you?". I can't imagine why any business wouldn't say something similar.

> call not returned as promised

We return all our calls. If no one answers we leave a voicemail. Now and then, we get the message "The person at ___ has a voicemailbox that hasn't been set up". Sometimes, the calls don't go through, but we'll try two more times. Another glitch that happens is T-Mobile often labels our phone calls as "Japan" because 81 is the country calling code for Japan and our outgoing phone number is 816-282-6858.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

It could be that, possibly, the OP dialed an incorrect number???

I have found @iamtrustworthy and staff to be responsive and courteous... 

bon voyage

I dialed 888-407-3854 according to my phone records, which is the # listed on their web site.

I’m glad you’ve had a good experience.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2023 at 9:31 PM, Bo1953 said:

It could be that, possibly, the OP dialed an incorrect number???

I have found @iamtrustworthy and staff to be responsive and courteous... 

bon voyage

Same here, Steve has never been anything but kind and professional. Sounds like a case of mistaken identity or a wrong number. Still, glad to hear @Vertygo was able to get what she needed from another company.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to take a stab at this since I have had mostly positive experiences with Steve but also a minor hiccup with an insignificant claim in which I experienced some of what @Vertygodescribes. I did not post about it because we all have off days, myself included!  Despite a minor service disappointment which really is boring and insignificant, I still use Steve and his team and have referred a lot of people to him from all over the country. No one has ever complained. 

I have learned that in most disagreements there can be truth on both sides. I can imagine there is truth in @Vertygo 's post and I get the effusive praise of Steve.

Steve is arguably one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry. If you are looking for a fancy website with 2-dozen options, large staff, and concierge type experience, this is not for you. People, myself included, use Steve because of his knowledge and willingness to stake his reputation and success on a limited number of companies which meet his standards. Additionally most people who have had claims have had positive experiences or we would hear about it. I also support Steve because of his willingness to help people on this forum.

Have I had unanswered or unreturned call? Not often. Have I had an unanswered or ignored email? Not enough to complain about. Have I been frustrated with the service? Rarely. But these disappointments are infrequent,  and overall the experience has been positive. Why else do so many use Steve and company, myself included? I am assuming that if I had a complicated claim that there would be no one better to go to bat for me.

Do I believe @Vertygo's experience? Yes. But at the same time I believe it is not the norm or Steve would be out of business. AND given the volume of calls and emails to Trip Insurance Store, these slipups will inevitably happen. And to be totally honest, pre-retirement I received over 150 emails and lots of calls every day. Yes, I missed some even with having with a fairly large staff to assist me. Things just happen and I am sure there are periods where Steve and company are overwhelmed or slammed by work. Perhaps the lesson here is Steve's success may mean he needs an additional staff person during their busies times.

My response to @Vertygo is: I get your concerns and do not question your narrative but I also believe you did not see the Trip Insurance Store at its best. At his best, there are not too many people who have mastered the business the way Steve has. I would not be afraid to give him another chance.

Edited by rbslos18
  • Thanks 2