Huge improvement to P&O website booking

CaptainPedantic

On 7/13/2023 at 9:02 AM, Selbourne said:

Thanks. I thought that would be the case. I suspect it’s to stop people who may have a degree of infirmity, but don’t have a genuine need for an accessible cabin, from booking them, in which case that’s a good thing I guess.  

Yes I was going to say it’s frustrating you have to call for an accessible cabin, but I have found the service when I’ve called P&O directly has been great and the reservations agents in both of our cases have been so helpful.  

Interestingly I have recently booked with Princess for 2024 and that was bookable online.  You have to agree that if you don’t meet their requirements for an accessible cabin (fill out the medical forms and so on) they have the right to cancel your booking 

Trying to book a cruise in December 2024 and I get this message after selecting "Select Price", "Book Now":

Currently, our new Family staterooms, which accommodate 5 guests, are not available for online booking. Please contact your Travel Advisor or call Holland America Line for assistance

It happens most times I try to get a quote from the P&O web site, irrespective of the device or browser I use. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, YORKI1 said:

Trying to book a cruise in December 2024 and I get this message after selecting "Select Price", "Book Now":

Currently, our new Family staterooms, which accommodate 5 guests, are not available for online booking. Please contact your Travel Advisor or call Holland America Line for assistance

It happens most times I try to get a quote from the P&O web site, irrespective of the device or browser I use. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thank you.

Is that a HAL cruise? Think you may get more knowledgeable answers on their forum. Not sure if Holland America are any better at answering their phones, but they may be worth a call.

Oops - sorry just seen that you get same message from P&O site. Apologies!

Edited by Angel57

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Is that a HAL cruise? Think you may get more knowledgeable answers on their forum. Not sure if Holland America are any better at answering their phones, but they may be worth a call.

Oops - sorry just seen that you get same message from P&O site. Apologies!

Yes, it is on the P&O site.

• Like 1

OK, I'm probably being daft but I can't seem to select a different cabin. I've done a dummy booking and have got to the "select cabin" section and it does list all the different decks, however, when I try to choose a different deck/cabin it doesn't seem to change anything? 

1 minute ago, Onelung said:

OK, I'm probably being daft but I can't seem to select a different cabin. I've done a dummy booking and have got to the "select cabin" section and it does list all the different decks, however, when I try to choose a different deck/cabin it doesn't seem to change anything? 

I think it depends on what browser you use.

When I was having a look round, the cabins would not show when I was using the Edge browser, but it gave me the option to choose the cabin when I used Chrome, and also on my iPad using Safari. 

What I don't get is why there are some cabins that can be booked for a 7 night cruise and not a 14  night one and show up as not available for 2 weeks. Mainly Azura aft cabins for the Med. Does my head in 

Azura,lots of 7 night cruises so the cabin you might want for 14nights may already be booked for one of the weeks. We met a few couples on previous occasions that wanted 14 nights on a cruise but could only book two seven nights back to back hope you understand what I mean

15 hours ago, Onelung said:

Just had a go myself and where I think your going wrong is ,..

For example ,you have a balcony on deck E but click edit cabin and maybe see 

a cabin on deck A you like, so select it .

A pop up screen now appears giving you details and price but you you don't see 

is that you have to scroll down to select this cabin within this pop up box .

If you just close the box and hit continue then it will take you back to your original

choice on deck E.

Bad design having the "select this cabin" hidden that is until you scroll down within 

the pop up box .

Hope this helps 🙂

10 hours ago, July morning said:

Azura,lots of 7 night cruises so the cabin you might want for 14nights may already be booked for one of the weeks. We met a few couples on previous occasions that wanted 14 nights on a cruise but could only book two seven nights back to back hope you understand what I mean

Sometimes but we've looked at a number where they are vacant for the 2 weeks but not the 14 nights. We once had to phone up had the cabins released so we cld have it for 2 weeks. Barmy. Worth knowing though and checking ;-)

• Like 1

Kalos - I don't get that pop up box. I think Dermotsgirl may be right. Not a good improve in my view if people using Edge can't access the correct information as lots of computers are auto set to use this browser.  I don't even know how to get a  different browser 😞 

Not an improvement in my view.

13 minutes ago, Onelung said:

Kalos - I don't get that pop up box. I think Dermotsgirl may be right. Not a good improve in my view if people using Edge can't access the correct information as lots of computers are auto set to use this browser.  I don't even know how to get a  different browser 😞 

There appears to be some technical problems this morning. When trying to select a cabin on several cruises I get the message there is a technical problem at present.

You can download another browser by typing into your browser the name of the one you want to install or if you have an app store - most computers do - selecting it from there.

P&O seem to work best with Chrome which you will find in Google.  

Edge is preloaded on computers as it's part of Microsoft Office which most people purchase their computer with.  You can choose to install others as you wish.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onelung said:

Hi I use my laptop windows 10  on chrome but  it also has Microsoft edge built into the 

windows 10  .  So I have just tried on the Edge and first attempt when selecting a cabin 

I got the message  "There has been a technical error, please try later "  

So I clicked on retry and it worked exactly the same as on Chrome ,showing pop up box

and let me complete dummy booking .

Not sure what the problem is with Edge and hope you get sorted soon . 

Edited by kalos

Just now, kalos said:

Hi I use my laptop widows 10  on chrome but  it also has Microsoft edge built into the 

windows 10  .  So I have just tried on the Edge and first attempt when selecting a cabin 

I got the message  "There has been a technical error, please try later "  

So I clicked on retry and it worked exactly the same as on Chrome ,showing pop up box

and let me complete dummy booking .

Not sure what the problem is with Edge and hope you get sorted soon . 

I've just tried a dummy booking on chrome and got the technical error message. I bet IT system can't cope with all of us doing dummy bookings!

• Haha 3

I always used to do dummy bookings but now use the base price and add on the location price onto it from the deck plans. Try not to do it incase someone is trying to book the cabin and can't see it because of my dummy booking if that makes sense 

53 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Try not to do it incase someone is trying to book the cabin and can't see it because of my dummy booking if that makes sense 

It does , I was doing a booking and the lady at the call centre said "That cabin has been taken ."

I had to come out of the booking as she would do it whilst I was on the phone anyway.

Edge & Chrome are essentially the same browser as they both use the Chromium "engine".
Firefox and Safari are completely different
It would take a lot of effort to make a web page work in Chrome but not in Edge 

• Like 1