When returning from a cruise what's the latest time to be off the ship?

NC State

First time on Virgin. Since they have a late departure time my husband thinks you have a later time to leave the ship once return. I told him I'm sure it's like most ships they want you off by 9:00 am. So my question is what's the latest time to be off the ship? 

13 minutes ago, NC State said:

First time on Virgin. Since they have a late departure time my husband thinks you have a later time to leave the ship once return. I told him I'm sure it's like most ships they want you off by 9:00 am. So my question is what's the latest time to be off the ship? 

10.30am is the latest time to disembark. Everyone needs to be off by 10.45. You select a time in the app in the last few days but it’s not really checked, it’s just to try and spread people out. 

Both the Wake and Razzle Dazzle are still open for brunch in the morning so it can be a good option to have a leisurely breakfast and then go back to your cabin and grab your bags before leaving.

• Like 2

10:45 is the latest disembark time to select on the app. At 10:30, they start with the announcements that everyone needs to be off.

As above, RD and The Wake are open as well as The Galley.  I believe the last seating time at RD was either 9 or 9:30; The Galley was a little later.  And yes, the nice thing is that you do not need to be out of your cabin till 10:30.  This means that there is no need to drag your luggage to breakfast.  Go to breakfast at the location of your choice, then return to your cabin and grab your bags.  As with other lines, you can place your larger luggage outside the cabin the night before.  If choosing this option, do not remove the luggage tags that were used at embarkation; they will be used again at disembarkation

• Like 1

I can't tell you how much this makes a difference to the overall feel at the end of a cruise. Virgin is so laid back and chill. With Celebrity they want you out of the room by 7:45 AM! 

Strolling off the ship at 10:00 or 10:30 is the way to go.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

It makes a huge difference. You can have a relaxing breakfast and then just stroll off the ship without the sometimes rude experiences on other cruise lines. Totally different vibe.

Just remember to book your sit down breakfast for the last day.  Depending on the cruise, those seats can fill up.  The Galley is fine (we've done it), but RD or The Wake is better.  

On 7/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, cantgetin said:

Just remember to book your sit down breakfast for the last day.  Depending on the cruise, those seats can fill up.  The Galley is fine (we've done it), but RD or The Wake is better.  

I guess I would do that on board on the app?

• Like 1

And for those of us who live in Florida and want to beat the morning traffic home, the fact that so many people spend their last morning a bit more leisurely means we can walk into Razzle Dazzle around 6:30a (or whatever time they open) and be on our way about 45 minutes later. 🙂