Cape Sounion Group Tours

majmaj4

The cruise line doesn’t offer one?  I went to Sounion on a Royal Caribbean excursion many years ago. While I loved the Temple of Poseidon and the surrounding views, to be honest, I thought that the drive to get there was too long and boring to make the trip worth it.  I would have rather visited more in Athens at that time.  Just my unsolicited two cents. 

My suggestion would be to book a private tour :).  You might be able to join with some others by using the CC Roll Call board for your ship.  I must admit to being surprised that HAL is not offering an excursion to Sounion...but than again, there is little about HAL that surprises me anymore.

Having been to Sounion (twice) via rental car, although we enjoyed the drive (actually stopped along the road and went swimming at a lovely beach) it is not on my major highlight list for the region. On the drive back from Sounion I took an inland route and we happened upon a cave (with tours) which was also fun.  No way can we remember the name of that cave, but that is just some of the fun of DIY travel.

Hank

The cruise line has a tour of Sounion combined with Athens.  I didn’t have Sounion on my list originally but I kept reading people having the Poseidon temple as a highlight that I thought I would try to make it there.  I will have a few days in Athens before my cruise so seems like a waste to spend money and time on seeing Athens again.  

i might try Corinth if I can’t find a tour to Sounion. 

2 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

The cruise line has a tour of Sounion combined with Athens.  I didn’t have Sounion on my list originally but I kept reading people having the Poseidon temple as a highlight that I thought I would try to make it there.  I will have a few days in Athens before my cruise so seems like a waste to spend money and time on seeing Athens again.  

i might try Corinth if I can’t find a tour to Sounion. 

Corinth and Mycenae is a far better tour option than Sounion. Closer to Athens and a lot more to see. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/12/2023 at 4:05 PM, majmaj4 said:

I was hoping to find a group tour to Sounion for a stop in Athens.  

So far I have only found private tours... any suggstions.

I am looking for a private trip to Sounion.  May I ask what private tour you have found?  I think a cab company is the way to go, but besides George's and PK's, I don't know of any others.

• 2 weeks later...