Carnival Australia email re changes to Moreton Island itineraries

Received an email today from Carnival. Their cruises, on both Splendor and Luminosa, that included Moreton Island (Tangalooma) visits have now had timing altered and guests will no longer be able to partake in the Wild Dolphin experience.  This applies right through to 2025 itineraries.

We're there next month on our first Splendor cruise but weren't planning to view dolphins. But I realise there will be disappointed cruisers who were hoping to do so.

We're planning just to do the walk behind the resort with a side track to view the sand dune 'desert' as well as walk the beach.  We're avid snorkelers but, like many Queenslanders, wouldn't risk snorkeling the Wrecks due to number of sharks calling this area home.

• Like 2

I didn't know there was a walk behind the resort (I have only been there once).

Sounds good, I will have to try that next time.

Thanks for posting, you learn something new every day.

• Like 2

I'm on Splendour for the cruise leaving Sydney on October 8. I told my other half that we weren't booking any Tangalooma shore excursions. Even though the ship is scheduled to dock at Tangalooma, some don't due to weather conditions. We'll wait and see what happens.

6 hours ago, wceprincess43 said:

I'm on Splendour for the cruise leaving Sydney on October 8. I told my other half that we weren't booking any Tangalooma shore excursions. Even though the ship is scheduled to dock at Tangalooma, some don't due to weather conditions. We'll wait and see what happens.

Anchor and tender, yes.

Dock, no.

Usually the only reason not to anchor off Tangalooma is if the seas and winds are too high to even enter Moreton Bay.

I'm not keen on dolphin feeding. It's one of those things that sounds harmless, but ends up causing lots of problems for the dolphins. I believe that it's banned everywhere except a few places like Tangalooma that were grandfathered in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wceprincess43 said:

Sorry for making a mistake in my post regarding Tangalooma and the disembarking process. It was a genuine accident.

All good. I presumed it was just a slip, but couldn't be sure.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, sewgood said:

I didn't know there was a walk behind the resort (I have only been there once).

Sounds good, I will have to try that next time.

Thanks for posting, you learn something new every day.

Great views . And come back by the beach20230623_090936.thumb.jpg.7bb374aa144401c5d7962e220ae12874.jpg