Bottles of Olive Oil allowed on HAL cruise ship when boarding?

wlcm2brdwy

Hello! My family and I will be on board the HAL Oosterdam for July 26 - August 7, 2023. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find the answer to my question. A few of my party is interested in buying olive oil in both Rome (before we embark) and in Greece (during the cruise). Does anyone know if this is allowed to bring on board? I know the information about alcohol and I called HAL and the person I spoke with didn't know the answer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I’ve never had a problem bringing olive oil on board - it was in ports not embarkation but that should make no difference.

I’d put it in my carry on for boarding for safety’s sake.  Those bags can be handled pretty roughly.  For disembarking, I carried mine off and then put them in my luggage (I had prepped them to help prevent spillage and they got home safely).

• Like 1

Before sailing out of Amsterdam recently, we visited with friends in Germany.  Our friends gifted to us several cartons of the most fantastic tasting Hollandaise and Béarnaise Sauces.   We have purchased these sauces while before while visiting. We can only get it there.  Nothing in the U.S. compares.   We had no problem taking it in my carry-on when boarding the ship.  I never gave it a second thought.  Flying home with it was a different story because the cartons weigh so much.  I also had to put them in my checked baggage and make sure they were well protected.