Simply More questions (again, sorry!)

elmsliebev

we are booked to travel in October 2024 from Tokyo to Singapore (16 nights). We booked under OLife but of course Simply More is now in place. We are in an Inside cabin. 

I have been advised by my TA that it would cost us £275 pp to change to Simply More (c $360). Am I correct that this would mean 

- unlimited wifi for both of us rather than 1 device only per cabin?

- a set amount for shore excursions ($500pp in this case) rather than the 4 excursions previously included, and we can use that spend on pretty much any tours? 

- wine, beer, champagne with meals - a quick calculation of 1 glass of champagne and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner each day would work out around $800pp including drinks gratuity (15%?). That excludes anything we may occasionally have at lunchtime. Are the beers on the Grand Bar menu the ones that are available at mealtimes? We like the occasional beer at lunchtime, espcially Newcastle Brown in my husband's case as he's from there! 

It seems a good deal for us, as we only tend to drink alcohol with meals and have soft drinks the rest of the time. 

Out of interest is dessert wine also included?

Thanks

Edited by elmsliebev

4 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

we are booked to travel in October 2024 from Tokyo to Singapore (16 nights). We booked under OLife but of course Simply More is now in place. We are in an Inside cabin. 

I have been advised by my TA that it would cost us £275 pp to change to Simply More (c $360). Am I correct that this would mean 

- a set amount for shore excursions ($500pp in this case) rather than the 4 excursions previously included, and we can use that spend on pretty much any tours? 

- wine, beer, champagne with meals - a quick calculation of 1 glass of champagne and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner each day would work out around $800pp including drinks gratuity (15%?). That excludes anything we may occasionally have at lunchtime. Are the beers on the Grand Bar menu the ones that are available at mealtimes? We like the occasional beer at lunchtime, espcially Newcastle Brown in my husband's case as he's from there! 

It seems a good deal for us, as we only tend to drink alcohol with meals and have soft drinks the rest of the time. 

Thanks

You are correct on the Wi-Fi and the excursions.  Pretty much spot on with the drinks but actually a bit low as gratuity is 20%.  Not sure on the beer list.  Not to mention it was pretty common to be out of some of the beers they provided in the venues, so not sure how accurate the list is if too far out from sailing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elmsliebev said:

Thanks

If you take the SM deal  the wine/beer by the glass at meals  there is no gratuity added 

it seems it may work out a better deal for you

Do the math then decide

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I accessed Oceania's website, 10 days cruise under Promotional Fare with airfare: $6,749.

The price under Promotional Fare:  $4,449.

Is 'Simply More' as same as promotional Fare with airfare?  

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, HSBC said:

When I accessed Oceania's website, 10 days cruise under Promotional Fare with airfare: $6,749.

Thanks!

Yes it is.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HSBC said:

Thanks!

The  lower fare is with  SM  but no air

You can only  book SM  with air  or without air  now  so those are your options

forget about the Brochure  rate   never heard of anyone ever paying that 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The  lower fare is with  SM  but no air

You can only  book SM  with air  or without air  now  so those are your options

forget about the Brochure  rate   never heard of anyone ever paying that 

Good catch - I misread. SM=promo fair...fixed 🙂