No ship tours to D Day beaches or Mont St. Michel?

seapointer

On 7/14/2023 at 10:36 PM, the more ports the better said:

We are on the same sailing.  I am booking a private tour with Overlord.  They can take 4 couples.  You are welcome to join us.

We also plan to book a private tour visit Mont St Michel in St Malo.  I believe Overlord does this too but I plan to check other options.

• 4 weeks later...

I was there in Normandy for the 50th anniversary of D-Day, rented a house near Omaha Beach for a week, close enough to walk to the ceremonies. It would have been nearly impossible for cruise ship tours to get anywhere, we had government issued passes allowing us to be inside the security perimeter and it took hours to get anywhere on the one coastal road. There were celebrations and crowds in every town. A few days either side of June 6th would have been easier. Of course now, sadly, there will be fewer veterans there. Loved talking to all of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 6:25 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Second the recommendation for Overlord.  Excellent experience in a smaller van - we had 10 people in our group.

We used Overlord for both Normandy and for Mt St Michel (2 different cruises)  they are an excellent company, highly recommend them.

Since the OP hasn't replied, perhaps they have found a tour, but if not, here are my recommendations.  We also used Overlord for Normandy.  It was from LeHavre with a 2-hr bus drive, but a wonderful tour.  We used Westcapades from St. Malo for Mt St Michel.  They also did a fine job.

• 5 months later...
On 11/1/2023 at 10:30 PM, the more ports the better said:

We are on a private tour to D day beaches with Overlord, it filled immediately on the roll call.  

We are now putting a small group together for MSM. I have contacted both Overlord and Westcapades.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Were you able to get a tour for Mt St Michel?  I can't tell from your post what boat and dates you are traveling.  Thanks.  Feel free to email me at ShelleyRahn@icloud.com

We did a private tour with Westcapades, April 21 2024. Thanks to all your recommendations, it was a great tour from pick up from the ship, some of St.Malo, small towns along the coast to Mont St Michel. Tour guide and owner of the company, Marc, did a great job telling us about we were seeing. He looked after my friend who used a walker while 2 of us climbed up to the top of the abbey. Marc arranged a wonderful fresh seafood lunch on the way to Dinan, another beautiful historic town we visited. Big comfortable Mercedes van made the driving easy and we had a great day. I also recommend Westcapades. 

• Like 1