St Kitts taxi for 2 hour hire

alc13

We'll be at Carambola beach for a day in December.  I spent a summer on St Kitts many years ago and would like to see some of the places I remember.  Is there a taxi stand nearby?  Do you think we can find a driver to take us around the island for a couple of hours?

3 hours ago, alc13 said:

We'll be at Carambola beach for a day in December.  I spent a summer on St Kitts many years ago and would like to see some of the places I remember.  Is there a taxi stand nearby?  Do you think we can find a driver to take us around the island for a couple of hours?

Yes and Yes.

The taxi stand and taxi's everywhere are right outside the security gate at Port Zante. Never a problem getting a driver to take you on a personalized tour of the island. Very nice and accommodating drivers, no worries.

Thanks @TTEllis.  The wrinkle is we'll be at Carambola Beach, not Basseterre.  But I've found someone to take us around the island.  

My mother's family comes from West Virginia (Charles Town).  Beautiful area.

3 minutes ago, alc13 said:

Thanks @TTEllis.  The wrinkle is we'll be at Carambola Beach, not Basseterre.  But I've found someone to take us around the island.  

My mother's family comes from West Virginia (Charles Town).  Beautiful area.

Yes either way it shouldn't be difficult to get some good transportation for your trip around the island. 

Charles Town is nice up there.

I'm south in Charleston. Love West Virginia, Charleston not so much. That's why every chance I get I'm trying to find a couple of weeks or so on the ocean. 

Have fun on St. Kitts you guys get done early I highly recommend Palm Court Gardens for cocktails before getting back on the ship. Best seat in the house. Have fun.😎

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 1:54 PM, alc13 said:

Carambola beach club is not the main cruise port, that is Port Zante.
A couple of cruise lines use it as a "Private Island" type experience.
There is no taxi satnd nearby, there may be the odd taxi waiting but that depends on how busy the main cruise port is. There will be a shuttle to take you into Basseterre which leaves once it is full.
Best advice is to prebook an Island tour with one of the local operators, try this one who is very accomodating as far as cruise passengers are concerned. Just contact them and ask what they can do for you. 

Thanks for your post.  I concluded as much, and found someone to pick us up at Carambola and drive us around for a couple of hours.   We're on one of the cruises that does a beach barbecue day there.

Do you really live there?  Do you know if the monkey station is still operating at Estridge estate near Mansion?