2 x 2 meals-

clbl99

So we have 2 meals each for passengers 1 and 2. Do they card you or how do they know who it is? I would like to allow my daughter to go and dine with her Aunt and Uncle, she could take my spot for the free meal.

Meals are non-transferable. You won't be able to "give" your meal(s) to your daughter. They base this on your room key. If she attempted to use it, your photo would show up which I'm guessing doesn't look like your daughter. 

You could purchase her a specialty dining package, but since it sounds like she is passenger three or four, you'll have to pay full retail price for this. Look at the menus in each restaurant to see if she'd eat enough food at a la carte prices to justify the expense of a specialty dining package. Prices just went up, so I'm not sure what the new price is. 

• Like 2

CAN I BUY DINNER FOR SOMEONE ELSE WITH MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Specialty Dining Packages are sold individually and cannot be transferred. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will not be able to use your own SDP.

HOW WILL THE RESTAURANT STAFF KNOW I HAVE A SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Your cabin keycard will include an SDP code on the front. Restaurant staff will request to see the card for verification. Please keep it handy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, clbl99 said:

So we have 2 meals each for passengers 1 and 2. Do they card you or how do they know who it is? I would like to allow my daughter to go and dine with her Aunt and Uncle, she could take my spot for the free meal.

As stated above, the Specialty Dining Package is non-transferable and must be used by Passenger 1 and 2 in the stateroom (i.e., it is tied to your room key). Normally, it is better to just buy your daughter a 2 meal package and have her dine with Uncle/Aunt or you. Even if she is not a big eater, it is never fun to be the 3rd-wheel feeling self conscious about what you order ("maybe I should just have a small salad and bread because an entrée cost money).   

• Like 1

It depends on your daughters age/appetite and how many FAS speciality meals you have. Do you and the other adult in the cabin get get 1 or 2 or more?

If you your talking about a 6 year old buy her the burger or Mac and Cheese off the kids menu.

If you have a 17 year old with a normal appetite consider adding the 2 meal SDP plan for $118.80 (includes 20% gratuity). This only makes sense if you and guest 2 on your reservation receive at least 2 FAS speciality dining meals. If you only get 1, she’ll have an extra. 

A salad and bowl of bisque at Cagney’s will cost $30 with gratuity.  A salad, appetizer, steak and baked potato will be over $100 with the 20% gratuity. Which meal looks more like her order?

If your daughter is a light eater you probably come out slightly ahead paying menu prices, but if she wants the full experience and orders a “regular meal” (salad, appetizer, entree, dessert) your overspending on the menu prices. 

Look at the SD menus and crunch the numbers…..

• Like 1