Barcelona Cruise Terminal

Flgreg

Hello---does anyone know which terminal Regent typically uses in Barcelona?  Trying to plan ahead and see if any long walk is involved or whether there is any shuttle service available once at the port. We did a cruise out of Barcelona in the past but it was over 20 years ago and I don't remember much about the port.

Thanks very much.

We were recently on Seabourn. They didn’t seem to know until quite late before each arrival. We were at T4, not the World Trade Centre. There’s a shuttle you pay for (couple of Euro) which takes you near the WTC. For embarkation and disembarking, you’ll need a taxi to the T terminals.

5 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Its going to make life very difficult if Regent does not sort out where Voyager is docking in Sept because if its Tarragona i dare not book tickets to see inside Sagrada Familia and they will be sold out long before 

@phillipahain. Can I ask why you mention Tarragona? Our cruise in November is clearly marketed as embarking in Barcelona.

1 hour ago, Flgreg said:

@phillipahain. Can I ask why you mention Tarragona? Our cruise in November is clearly marketed as embarking in Barcelona.

All of the Regent cruises that I've seen in the future from the brochures that they send us every week or 2 have shown Tarragona as their port. We were dropped off in Barcelona last October, and have sailed from there in the past. When I saw Tarragona, and how far it is from Barcelona, I was relieved that we weren't planning to sail on Regent from or to Barcelona in the future. It's not convenient at all.

8 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

All of the Regent cruises that I've seen in the future from the brochures that they send us every week or 2 have shown Tarragona as their port. We were dropped off in Barcelona last October, and have sailed from there in the past. When I saw Tarragona, and how far it is from Barcelona, I was relieved that we weren't planning to sail on Regent from or to Barcelona in the future. It's not convenient at all.

SWFLAOK---thank you. I'm hopeful we are actually leaving from Barcelona particularly since the cruise immediately preceding ours is scheduled to disembark in Barcelona the same day we embark.

22 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

SWFLAOK---thank you. I'm hopeful we are actually leaving from Barcelona particularly since the cruise immediately preceding ours is scheduled to disembark in Barcelona the same day we embark.

That sounds like a good omen if the previous cruise is disembarking in Barcelona. I hope it stays that way.

We have a Regent cruise booked for next April from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi. We don't know if Navigator will be docked in Bangkok, or in Laem Chabang which is 2 hours south of Bangkok. Navigator will fit at the Bangkok dock. We were expecting to board in Laem Chabang, after our 3 nights pre in Bangkok. But while we were once told we were boarding in Laem Chabang, we have an overnight onboard, and the next day's excursions are from Bangkok, which makes them a really long day, after a long day to get to the ship from Bangkok.

We already paid a non-refundable payment to get our flights from Miami to Bangkok, but while we paid this 2 months ago, they told us they wont' attempt to book our airfare until September. Last year we cancelled a Paul Gauguin cruise on Ponant because they wouldn't ticket us on our included airfare before we had to pay in full for our cruise. And they were going to ticket us on Cathay Air through Hong Kong, which wasn't the flight we wanted. Ponant had already screwed us in April of 2020. We were paid in full, and had had paid our own airfare from Florida to LAX, with a hotel. Ponant notified us the day after our last chance to cancel our cruise. They cancelled our cruise due to Covid, and only offered us a future cruise credit. We lost our hotel in LA on the way to the cruise and the way back. We eventually lost our airfare on Jet Blue since we were never able to rebook on another flight that we could take before we lost our travel bank credit.

I really don't trust any cruise lines or airlines at this point. You really need to check them often, and make a complaint as soon as you see something that isn't what you expect. Stopping at a port other than downtown Barcelona, is something I'd keep a close eye on.

We are actually a segment on a longer cruise (Rome to Miami). They are showing 11-20 as a port day in Barcelona and it appears they are being offered excursions in Barcelona (I would hope they wouldn't dock in Tarragona and transport them back and forth). We are set to embark Barcelona to Miami 11-20 so I'll stop worrying about it (for now).

We had the WTC (Trade Center) dock for our Mariner cruise in May.  Very convenient location, walkable to the city and metro.  The main set of cruise terminals are on that long breakwater pier; not as convenient, but still reasonable.  Getting stuck in Tarragona would definitely be a pain, but I think most cruise lines are indicating when they are using Tarragona in their itinerary if you look closely.