PALO

miked0035

Just booked Palo brunch for an upcoming cruise (have done this before, haven't sailed Dis since 2016). Just found out the buffet portion of the brunch is no longer offered. Has anyone done this recently and felt it was worth the $45...it was $25 With the buffet last time I did it.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:19 PM, miked0035 said:

Just booked Palo brunch for an upcoming cruise (have done this before, haven't sailed Dis since 2016). Just found out the buffet portion of the brunch is no longer offered. Has anyone done this recently and felt it was worth the $45...it was $25 With the buffet last time I did it.

We've done it.  It was a change during COVID, and it looks like it's here to stay.  The food offerings are pretty much the same, you just have to order them now.  At least that was our experience.  Got lots of good food, and left totally stuffed.

But I agree with jalves - I miss the buffet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just did Palo on the Magic last week. It is $50/person. I, personally, did not feel like it was worth it. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable, as always. However, I missed the buffet for sure! Our main complaints were a complete lack of fruits or vegetables. My husband asked if he could have a simple salad (arugula and olive oil) and was told no. There are multiple dishes offered with arugula on them so it's not like it wasn't available in the kitchen. There are no vegetables as sides on the entrees. There was no fruit offered - not even a fruit cup on the appetizer list. It was as though the went out of their way to only include seriously heavy dishes. 

This was our 6th DCL cruise and we have done Palo every time (once for dinner and the rest brunch) but I will not do brunch again until they bring back the buffet or change the food options. The dinner menu looked wonderful but it's definitely more expensive!

• Like 1