Taxi question

gschwartz001

My DH and I will be in Bermuda next month and have booked several dives with Dive Bermuda Somerset. I believe they are located by the Somerset bridge. Is it easy to get a taxi early in the morning (7am) to go to Somerset? Anyone have an idea on the cost and whether taxis in Bermuda are cash only? Any he,p is appreciated. Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, gschwartz001 said:

My DH and I will be in Bermuda next month and have booked several dives with Dive Bermuda Somerset. I believe they are located by the Somerset bridge. Is it easy to get a taxi early in the morning (7am) to go to Somerset? Anyone have an idea on the cost and whether taxis in Bermuda are cash only? Any he,p is appreciated. Thanks. 

You will need to prearrange a taxi for that early time to guarantee a taxi. We have been able to get guest services or concieges on the ship to call a taxi but YMMV depending on the ship and your guest relations. I have the number of  two taxi companies,  Bermuda Island taxi (441-295-4141) and BTA Dispatch (441-296-2121) that we have called but it has been a few years since we have had to call to prearrange a taxi so I don't know if those numbers are current. A taxi to Somerset would be about $20 plus tip. While some taxis take credit cards many only take cash. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, gschwartz001 said:

You may also want to install the HITCH taxi booking app for Bermuda on your phone as a back up in the event you can't make an advance reservation for a taxi. . You will pay a bit more than the standard Bermuda taxi fare but it will be charged to your registered credit card just like it is on Uber and Lyft.

https://www.hitch.bm/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You may also want to install the HITCH taxi booking app for Bermuda on your phone as a back up in the event you can't make an advance reservation for a taxi.

This is solid advice. To elaborate a little further-- never use Hitch if you are near a taxi queue like at a major hotel or in the Dockyard during normal hours-- you'll pay a little less just hailing one. But if you are somewhere further afield and there are no taxis, Hitch can be a huge lifesaver. 

• Thanks 1