Dawn's New York run coming to end......

Rilaxmom19

I wonder where the Pearl will sail from the winter 2007-2008 season?

Since it will be on the West Coast that summer, it could join the Star in L.A. It also could replace the Star in LA, releasing the Star to replace the itinerary of an older ship. I wonder which one? It could also start sailing from a new to NCL home port.

Good question. Perhaps it will replace the Star in LA--I don't think that market can support two ships, but I'm certainly no expert--and the Star would sail the Southern Carib out of San Juan? Is that market profitable enough? I know NCL had trouble filling the Sky out of SJ the last year or so (but we LOVED it and the prices were great!), but Princess and, I think, other lines are still running itineraries out of San Juan, so there must be some market at least...

I hope you're right about the Crown staying on in South America. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that smaller is better on the Valpo-BA route. Want to see those little fjords! Goldryder's review had a profound effect on me...thanks, GR!

Lots of holes to fill - where does the Dawn go in the summer :confused:

NCL could put a second ship in the Med. icon5.gif

It will be fun to watch the game of musical ships to see if all the current fleet finds a port.

My guess NCL will open a new homeport but where? Year round from Boston? More ships from Philly? San Fran?

Would not surprise me to see the Dawn in the Med or even doing 10/11 day Alaska cruises form San Fran. Or have the Sun do that and put the Dawn in Vancouver

One thing you can count on NCL has always surprised us and tried something different.

They do have lots of options.

Lots of holes to fill - where does the Dawn go in the summer :confused:

One thing you can count on NCL has always surprised us and tried something different.

They do have lots of options.

Let's review where they would be in the summer of 2007 for 2008.

Baltic > Dream

Barcelona > Jewel

Boston > Majesty

NYC > Dawn (being replaced by the Gem), Spirit, and Crown

Alaska > Pearl, Star, and Sun.

Hawaii > POAloha, POAmerica, POHawaii

Where does the Dawn go? How about Alaska, freeing the Sun to do something else, how about Bermuda? Is it really too big for St. George?

If not too big, looks like the Majesty will be the ship to disappear upon the arrival of the Gem.......

But, options exists, and we're looking at three summer seasons ahead, and NCL hasn't posted next year's summer itineraries yet....

I'm thinking NCL will lose two ships in the fall of 2007. With one ship arriving late in 2006, and another ship arriving late in 2007, two ships will have to go after the summer season. I don't see how NCL can crew two new ships without two going. I suspect the first two to go will be the Majesty and the Crown, leaving the Dream and the Wind in the fleet until newer ships are built, hopefully for 2010.

Archived