Dawn's New York run coming to end......

Rilaxmom19

Am I the only one who will miss the Dawn sailing out of New York? I hope they don't remove those beautiful brass sculptures of the Empire State Building, the Chrysler building and the Brooklyn Bridge on the stairway leading up from Impressions. They should remain there to remind future passengers of Dawn's original home port and her initial success in bringing year round cruising to the New York metro area.
I'm with ya, dolphins!

She's my favorite ship -- This May will be the 3rd time I've been on the Dawn within 1 year!

Love the decor. You're right about the NYC-inspired artwork above Gatsby's. And, don't forget the Statue of Liberty painted on her hull!

Maybe she'll just go to Miami for a few seasons and return home, like other good NY'ers!:)

Original home port was in fact Miami. My first cruise on the Dawn was from there in Feb 2003.

I remember when we sailed the Sun in May 2002 they were already talking about the Dawn being in Miami later that year. We were looking forward to sailing her but they moved the Dawn to NY before we had a chance to and we didn't want to fly to NY from FL when we live within driving distance of Miami.

Original home port was in fact Miami. My first cruise on the Dawn was from there in Feb 2003.

Dolphins, you wanted new shows. This is one way to get them :D

But I think we should throw a going away party !!!!

Why can't they send "Bollywood" and "South Beach Rave" to Miami and leave the Dawn here?

As for a going away party, I am waiting for Dawn's schedule for fall 2007 as I may want to book her for her final New York cruise.

I'm with Dolphins. the Dawn is my very favorite ship, and I will miss the easy access to her in NY. Had come to think of her as a staple there.

On the brighter side, this gives the opportunity to try the newer ships from NYC.

I hear you, Norman!

We're still newbies and shopping the lines and hoped to sail on the Dawn from NY, but....if the Dawn or the Gem came to Baltimore, we'd be on her in a NY second! ;)

Oh I have another idea. How about Baltimore? :eek: What's her air draft? :DNorfolk anyone? Move the Carnivore up to Philly. ;)Cheers,

Norman

"Things Change?" Not the shows on the Dawn.

In my experience, shows don't change often on several ships/lines. For instance, on my first RCL cruise I though the neatest show was "Rock on Broadway". That was about 7 years ago. Damn thing is still playing and except for some minor variations, I think it's playing on about all their ships. LOL

-Monte

Am I the only one who will miss the Dawn sailing out of New York? I hope they don't remove those beautiful brass sculptures of the Empire State Building, the Chrysler building and the Brooklyn Bridge on the stairway leading up from Impressions. They should remain there to remind future passengers of Dawn's original home port and her initial success in bringing year round cruising to the New York metro area.

I'm with you!

The Dawn was my first cruise.

NY will not be the same without her:(

They would never remove those brass sculptures...would they?

Aren't they there since her maiden voyage?

I'm with you!

The Dawn was my first cruise.

NY will not be the same without her:(

They would never remove those brass sculptures...would they?

Aren't they there since her maiden voyage?

I can't see them removing the sculptures they along with the NY hull art have been there since day one. The Dawn was always targeted for NYC but not year round. That was the bold move that really made this ship part of the city's fabric

As for a going away party, I am waiting for Dawn's schedule for fall 2007 as I may want to book her for her final New York cruise.

Anyone for a CC group cruise. That last cruise should be made into a special event. They might need Spinnakers to hold the meet and greet.

Here is a perfect October - Back to Back - last cruise on the Dawn followed by first cruise on the Gem.

The repo to Miami will also draw a crowd. It was one of the largest CC groups when the Dawn made the trip from Miami to NYC.

Anyone for a CC group cruise. That last cruise should be made into a special event. They might need Spinnakers to hold the meet and greet.

Here is a perfect October - Back to Back - last cruise on the Dawn followed by first cruise on the Gem.

The repo to Miami will also draw a crowd. It was one of the largest CC groups when the Dawn made the trip from Miami to NYC.

Sign us up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Already have the B2B covered on the Dawn now all i have to do is book the Gem :D

Any idea as to when we will be able to start booking her?

TIA,

~~Debbie~~

October 2007 would be PERFECT:)

Can you please arrange that:cool:

Thanks!

So glad to see NCL is picking up the Southern Carib islands again for a regular (not special) itinerary! They're mostly our favorites.

Like y'all, I laughed at the news that they won't be updating the website until fall. Heh.

I can't wait to see what they do with the smaller ships next year. Am really curious to see what will be happening in the Med/South America. Another couple of months and we should know.

So glad to see NCL is picking up the Southern Carib islands again for a regular (not special) itinerary! They're mostly our favorites.

Like y'all, I laughed at the news that they won't be updating the website until fall. Heh.

I can't wait to see what they do with the smaller ships next year. Am really curious to see what will be happening in the Med/South America. Another couple of months and we should know.

According to reports no change with the smaller ships at least thru the Fall of 2007 - Majesty to Boston, Crown to NYC, Dream to the Baltics, Wind in HI.

http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=9201

Ah, thank you, shoreguy. Wonderful to see the Jewel will reprise the 12-day sailings in the Med next year...I'd wondered if those might be more popular than the 7-day itinerary out of Barcelona, and it seems that they are.

Looks like no news yet on South America, but if they're keeping the Crown as is through fall 2007, maybe they'll use her for another Santiago-Buenos Aires season in late 2007-early 2008.

It's so much fun to speculate...

But, things might change come the Fall/Winter season of 2007.

NCL wouold have just accepted three more new ships between now and then. The Pride of Hawaii in just a few months, The Norwegian Pearl this November, and the Norwegian Gem next year.

If the reports hold true, and there is no reason to expect them not to, the POH will be NCLA's third ship sailing from Hawaii, the Pearl will inititally sail this winter from Miami, then dail from Seattle next summer, and the Gem will sail from New York City next winter, with the Dawn moving to Miami next winter.

Assuming the other ships continue to sail where they are presently the winter season of 2007-2008, this would be the lineup then.

NYC > Gem and Spirit.

Charleston > Majesty

Miami > Jewel and Dawn

New Orleans > Sun

Houston > Dream

South America > Crown

LA > Star

Honolulu > POAloha, POAmerica, POHawaii, and Wind

I wonder where the Pearl will sail from the winter 2007-2008 season?

Since it will be on the West Coast that summer, it could join the Star in L.A. It also could replace the Star in LA, releasing the Star to replace the itinerary of an older ship. I wonder which one? It could also start sailing from a new to NCL home port. One thing for sure, I doubt it would move to NYC, why replace the Dawn with the Star? Since the Dawn is moving to Miami, why send the Star there too?

I believe it is likely at least one of the older ships will reposition to Asia with the Star assuming it's itineraries, if all the other ships continue their present itineraries. But, since the Dawn is switching homeports, and I believe the Pearl will assume the Star's itineraries, other ships could switch homeports too. If that happens, what other ships would be changing homeports?

How about the Star going to New Orleans, the Sun going to Houston, the Dream replacing the Crown or the Majesty, leaving the Majesty in Charleston or the Crown in NYC?

Just speculation on my part.....

Archived