Noordam favorite food/shows?

mohegan

"Papparrazi" (by Tommy Tune) is one of The Worst shows...

We sat there watching three simultaneous videos of 3 versions of Tommy Tune tapdancing with himself for ten minutes...

I leaned over to my pal and said, "Are we actually sitting here watching TV?!?!"

The show was also overly narrated and there were a couple live tapdancing numbers where the taps were dubbed in!!!!

When I discussed it w/ one of the ships staff, they confided that it was the least favorite of the shows for the performers. (I hope I haven't gotten anyone in trouble for saying so...)

Another show to be avoided were the trio from New York playing some tinpan kinda music that played first formal night. Rather cornball - Ugh. Walked out after the first number...

The show we enjoyed was the "Broadway Meets Las Vegas" themed show - Fairly good production: some interesting re-jiggering of old standards (Loved the chanteuse-y rendition of "Viva Las Vegas") but the hydraulic stage machinery was WAAAAAY overused. Hated the "Bojangles" number too - that song IS NOT about guys in Tuxedos dacing on cafe tables....

Sometimes funny to observe the details of the costumes - slinky beaded/sequined gowns with long swallowtails...

...with MASSIVE Zippers (like you'd find on a North Face Mountain Parka!) holding it all together and worn with clunky silver MaryJanes...

Another show to be avoided were the trio from New York playing some tinpan kinda music that played first formal night. Rather cornball - Ugh. Walked out after the first number...

I think we started to climb out (you had me crawling under railings in full tux, boy) during the first number. Oh, I'm not complaining ... my precious brain was leaking out through my ears. (shudder)

The show we enjoyed was the "Broadway Meets Las Vegas" themed show - Fairly good production: some interesting re-jiggering of old standards (Loved the chanteuse-y rendition of "Viva Las Vegas") but the hydraulic stage machinery was WAAAAAY overused. Hated the "Bojangles" number too - that song IS NOT about guys in Tuxedos dacing on cafe tables....

Totally agreed.

Sometimes funny to observe the details of the costumes - slinky beaded/sequined gowns with long swallowtails...

...with MASSIVE Zippers (like you'd find on a North Face Mountain Parka!) holding it all together and worn with clunky silver MaryJanes...

I STILL say they should have had the guys wear the women's outfits ... it would have been WAY more interesting. ;)

I think we started to climb out (you had me crawling under railings in full tux, boy) during the first number. Oh, I'm not complaining ... my precious brain was leaking out through my ears. (shudder)

I STILL say they should have had the guys wear the women's outfits ... it would have been WAY more interesting. ;)

Oh, Rev! TOO Funny!!! ROTF! :D

Paul

wondering if he'll ever cruise with the good Rev. and the bad Brian at the same time! :eek:

When those gals came out in their pink minidresses, beehive hairdoos and mink stoles - I thought they were the guys!

(I want those costumes for the next RSVP cruise)

;)

Aren't you forgetting the leather motorcycle number & the back-lit egyptian leapfrogging? ;)

John & I thought it was hilarious. Agreed - could do without the Tommy Tune video.

The final cast show, something about the walls rocking, enjoyed that. The 4 lead singers are very talented.

Aren't you forgetting the leather motorcycle number & the back-lit egyptian leapfrogging? ;)

LOL - Oh Yeah!!!

That motorcycle number w/ the video of the kids riding their Vespas through the streets of Rome as a backdrop...

I caught myself watching the video more than the dancers!!! (...trying to identify the movie it was pulled from)

:o

Loved the Egyptian silhouette number to The Bangles' "Walk Like An Egyptian" - it was very clever and a bit risque!

:D

Mostly the same dishes as always...

...including the identical Pinnacle menu that HAL has had for the past 3-4 years since the Zuiderdam inaugural! Even land restaurants change their menus every couple of years. C'mon HAL, we're about Pinnacle-ed out - we need something new in Pinnacle for dinner!

Quality outside Pinnacle is mostly better, particularly in the Lido where the luncheon entrees were particularly good.

Wasn't impressed w/ the dinner desserts tho: Rudi's-special-toque-dessert-thing-y wasn't that special, and of course HAL's "Creme Brulee"'s still aren't creme brulee... (They're a flan that hasn't been turned out of it's dish) Sorbet's are a continual safe bet for dessert - and a perfect finish after a heavy meal in the Vista.

We did get the Dover Sole offering - and it was lovely.

We noticed lots more Lamb on the menus than before - if you like Lamb, you're gonna be in heaven!

Avoid the Salmon Carpaccio appetizer at all costs - it's completely flavorless.

Aww www it is such a shame in some ways for Holland American Line not to offer new dishes as well the same winning combinations...

Especially now after showing the Culinary Centers and bring on Proffesional Culinary Experts... why not have them prepare a menu and have the staff below decks get it together... WOW maybe thats too simple of an idea.. :eek:

Even in the pay as you go eatery.... that way providing nuances... more choices and they are able to show off the skills and Holland American. Quality CULINARY SKILLED CUISINE (QCSC)....thusly CCL:NYSE makes more revenues/profits....:o

oh no as :D a Capitalist did I Mention a word not to be said... *S*

Archived