Equinox July 08-16

dock

The Cruise Excursion was ok. It was informative but there just isn’t a lot to see except the different beaches. No forts , viewpoints , monuments etc . 

The next time , I would book the ST J on Your Own excursion through cruise and go to a beach. 

We would be content to let cruise transport us from A to B so as to eliminate taking a cab to Red Hook ferry etc.

It’s just convenient. 
You walk off the ship and to the ferry a few minutes away and on the return the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 7:23 AM, dock said:

I’ve never booked treatments or cuts or colours etc. 

I always  book Blowdrys.I factor it in as the cost of any holiday,cruise/ land based. At least 2 per week on a 7 day. 
3 if  8-14 days. 

Some pay for  cigarettes  , some pay to gamble , some pay for alcohol , I like my hair Blowdried.(don’t smoke, don’t drink )

I’m a once a week to the salon gal even at home. 

I feel better about myself if my hair is done especially when it’s hot and humid .

I’m aware I’m paying a premium and I’m okay with that. 

I like to get blowdries on the ship as a treat too, but my issue on our April Summit cruise was the high pressure sales pitch to buy extra product (at very inflated prices compared to what I pay at home for my Kerastase products),   I left the salon twice feeling as if I had just survived 2 hard sale timeshare presentations! (Yup, I thought the first blow-dry and product-push might be an anomaly; I was wrong.  😞. )  I wrote to Celebrity about this (since it seems that this type of upselling has gotten far worse since cruising restarted) No response.  😞 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 5:39 PM, 39august said:

So there is a ferry to St. John from Crown Bay? I didn't know that. 

I have taken the cruise ship excursion from Crown Bay which was on a private ferry (Island Girl )

I am not certain if there are public ferries from CB to St John.

Edited by Arzeena