Can I do all of this on a day in port at Flam?

Carefully researching our ports of call.  We'll be in Flam Sat, May 18, 2024 - 8:00AM to 4:00PM.

Can we do the famous Flam railway to Myrdal before lunch, then go to Stegastein viewpoint, and then go to Borgund Stave church and be back in time? Or is that too much?  And we'll any of that, like Stegastein be closed by roads not clear of snow yet?

Finally, is there a private tour operator who would take me and my group to Stegastein and Borgund that you have used and is reliable?

Thanks!

Yes, you can do the railway before lunch if you have an earlier train.

We did that and did another full tour to a village and goat farm easily in the afternoon.  

This private tour company doesn't offer exactly what you want normally, but they did. a really good job organizing our tour so you can check with them to see if they can customize the tour you want and get their opinion on the timing of your plans in port (even if they can't take you they might have a good idea about how long it would take to do everything you want to do).  Flam Guide Service http://www.fjordsafari.com 

Edited by kitkat343

We really struggled to find a guide who would take us to Borgund from Flåm, and never managed to make it work. If that one is a must-do for you, I would suggest booking it first and then booking the railway journey around it, if you still have time.

• Like 1