Carry on wine?

THANKS EVERYONE!!   Exactly what I needed to know & exactly the answer I was hoping for!!!     

(B4 our last cruise on Holland, I learned that they were now charging corkage fee on any & all carryon wine!!)

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

43 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

THANKS EVERYONE!!   Exactly what I needed to know & exactly the answer I was hoping for!!!     

(B4 our last cruise on Holland, I learned that they were now charging corkage fee on any & all carryon wine!!)

I still rather pay a corkage fee and bring wine I am sure I will like.  The wine selection on my last few cruises was not good for the lower to moderate end of the menu

• Like 2

I haven’t been charged a corkage in about ten years and we always bring on wine that we take to restaurants, last time we were charged it was 15. I liked the wine list in general we get 40 percent off wines under a hundred since we are diamond plus, if you buy UDP you also get 40 percent off wines under a hundred. Normally bring on two and buy 5 so we can have a bottle with dinner every night.

Edited by George C

9 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

How much is the corkage fee?

The corkage fee on HAL was $20 per bottle last year. I do not believe that has changed. There does not seem to be a hard limit though, other than a "reasonable" amount, however one prefers to define that. 

There is "officially" a corkage fee of $15.00.  The real question is do they enforce or collect it?  From what I've read in this social media site and others is that it isn't enforced or collected.  But, that doesn't mean that there isn't one and it is a good thing to be forewarned that there is one as RCCL can enforce it at any time as they see fit.  

• Like 1