Uber from League City to Port of Galveston?

I'm weighing all of my options for whether to Uber from HOU and stay in Galveston the night before our cruise or to rent a car one-way and stay near League City/Webster area. I'm curious to hear from others who have rented a car from HOU and dropped it off in League City before their cruise. How easy was it to get an Uber or Lyft from the rental car drop-off the morning of your cruise? Essentially, I'm trying to decide if the cost savings and flexibility justify the hassle of not being in Galveston the night before. We are a family of 4 adults and coordinating hotel/transfer to port details is the most stressful part of the cruise for me! (BTW, I'm leaning towards the rental car and non-Galveston hotel stay at the moment.)

Great questions and I am waiting for replies.  My experiences that worked out well.  Fly into Hobby the day before and stay at hotel near the airport (free shuttle to hotel).  Took hotel shuttle back to Hobby morning of the cruise, hopped on cruise line bus to port of Galveston.  Next, fly into Hobby the day before cruise, booked a shuttle service to Galveston hotel, Uber next morning to port.  The only reason we did option two was that I stumbled upon a great price for a room down by a pier and a restaurant on the pier called Jimmy's on the Pier.  Please post what your final choice is.  

• Like 1