Guarantee Cabin Assignment

MILEMRKR63

OK. Thanks in advance for any info.

I just booked the Carnival Legend a few minutes for the sailing this Friday (less than 48 hours away, crazy I know but I got a great single passenger rate and an air fare steal of a deal). I know I was booked for a guarantee but don't see an assignemnt. I recall that I read on here a way to get into the Carnival res system to see my assignment. Anyone know of this link? It just shows guarantee on the funpass but on my last cruise in August I was able to see my cabin even when guarantee showed on my funpass.

Thanks in advance.

A "Guarantee" room assignment means you are guaranteed a CABIN CATAGORY...not neccessarily a cabin. They do this in the event they can upgrade you. You can be sure you will get AT LEAST the catagory you paid for...nothing less...OR...better yet....you may get an upgrade(at no extra charge). Are you sure you booked guarantee on your last cruise (when you say you saw your cabin number on the docs)? For a guaranteed cabin asignment...that is NOT the norm!! Enjoy your cruise...wish I was goinf in 48 hrs (but i'll have to deal with the 51 days!! :) )

BON VOYAGE>>>>!

Milemarker-If you booked directly with Carnival you can see it online when you log in at Carnival's site assuming they have already assigned you a specific room. This late, though, you may not get it until the dockl. IF you didn't book directly, then you have to fill out the Funpass, and after that is done, at the Funpass Complete page, click on the Gifts link. Look at the URL in the page that pops up; last digits will be your room, or GRTY if not assigned.

They do this in the event they can upgrade you.

Actually they (Carnival) do it for their convenience to arrange and accomodate those that want a specific cabin and the ability to structure cabin sales, upgrades for us are the bonus!

I guess giving them credit - good marketing ploy for folks to tell everyone that they got a "free" upgrade

Last time I booked a gaurantee, I couldn't see the room number from my home computer, but I could from my work computer :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe try someone elses. I think they have cookies that recogize the computer that is checking..........Just a thought.

There are about 50 or so of us from CC that are on that sailing. Check out our board in the Roll Call section. We are all meeting up at the Avalon at 5:00 tomorrow. Come say hello and make sure you wear green!

There will be a few NJ residents too (present and former>)

Hope to meet you then.

• 1 month later...
Does this work if you have not made your final payment, I have not had any luck?

Cruisetmc,

Gty's usually are not assigned until after final payment. This is done so that they know how many cabins in which categories are remaining. What you want to hope for is that most of the lower price cabins have sold. That will mean you have a better chance at getting a good upgrade.

Dave

Actually they (Carnival) do it for their convenience to arrange and accomodate those that want a specific cabin and the ability to structure cabin sales, upgrades for us are the bonus!

I guess giving them credit - good marketing ploy for folks to tell everyone that they got a "free" upgrade

This is true. From what I have been told, Carnival needs about 65-75 % capacity to "break even" on expences. Everything after that is pure profit. What they will do is usually try to sell the remaing cabins--lower priced IS lower decks--at low prices to locals usually, at quite low prices. (This happens especially in less popular ports such as San Juan etc.). The money the cruise line gets for these rooms is gravy, so they realy don't care how low they have to go to fill the ship. The problem comes when passengers start talking to each other and find out someone got a MUCH better deal than them. Causes for some ill feelings. To combat this, Carnival upgrades passengers to higher priced staterooms, so they feel they have gotten a great deal.

I have allways booked an IS gty and gotten upgraded to OV or balcony. (Except once on the Celebration in the summer).

When i tried the steps to see my room number by clicking on the gifts link in the fun pass section it says my cabin number is R3. Does anyone know what that means? Is that just another way of saying Gurantee?

When i tried the steps to see my room number by clicking on the gifts link in the fun pass section it says my cabin number is R3. Does anyone know what that means? Is that just another way of saying Gurantee?
If you're on the Fantasy that is a forward cabin on the Riviera deck with two porthole windows (category 5A):

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=FA&deckCode=R

John

Archived