LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

14 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Would mind terribly asking which iPad models are currently for sale on board?  Love the cruise-y white pants and coordinating headband and shoes.

The shops are a sorry scene I have to say.  I checked on your IPad and all they have is a an IPad Mini 6.  The shopkeeper said they would not be getting more.  

on another shop note…they have very little Summit merchandise and what they do have looks really old.  They don’t have much honestly that I was interested in buying.  I only got a hat and a reusable water bottle.  They push the Effie jewelry. They also have one little table they call a “pop up sale” with very cheap looking dollar store items.  Very surprised to see this on X.

IMG_0872.jpeg

IMG_0873.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Very windy now and some passing showers but people are still by the pool.  Probably trying to sleep off their hangovers (lol).  This cruise was probably the most drinking to a drunken state that I’ve ever seen on all my years of cruising.  Last night we were awakened at 2:30am by people screaming (and very shrill) and slamming doors.  I almost called security.  It sounded like someone was being murdered.  It’s a shame because last night I was truly “knocked out” when I hit my pillow.

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0875.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 6:10 PM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Times are changing.  This was part of the menu this evening (Tilapia included)

IMG_0733.png

We were on Summit too earlier this year and also found the food to have taken a MAJOR turn for the worse.  Anyone know if there is any word about new updated menus??  The cost cutting in the MDR is beyond BAD.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

We were on Summit too earlier this year and also found the food to have taken a MAJOR turn for the worse.  Anyone know if there is any word about new updated menus??  The cost cutting in the MDR is beyond BAD.

It’s not consistent as well.  Last night was very good, not too salty but the other nights.  Oy.

I agree the food on the Summit and other Celebrity Ships has declined in not only food quality but preparation. I use to enjoy their Ribeye and Filet but now it is small and not very tender. The buffet selection has been greatly reduced, very redundant, and some of the offerings are frankly inedible…….All while pricing has increased substantially, especially for Aqua and Suites. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

I forgot it was in there, at the bottom of my tote bag☹️

Aargh, I got caught sailing through airport security with a bottle of water in a side pocket of my knapsack.  I wasn’t too upset to give that up.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CruisinBanka said:

I agree the food on the Summit and other Celebrity Ships has declined in not only food quality but preparation. I use to enjoy their Ribeye and Filet but now it is small and not very tender. The buffet selection has been greatly reduced, very redundant, and some of the offerings are frankly inedible…….All while pricing has increased substantially, especially for Aqua and Suites. 

The buffet was frankly inedible and GREATLY reduced for us as well on most nights.  The MDR is slightly better so we’ve been forcing ourselves to get dressed up and go even though we love to be relaxed in the buffet. They are cost cutting big time with the food and staff.  You can definitely notice that they’re understaffed. I feel really bad for those working on X that have to dig a ditch with a spoon. We didn’t notice the declines on our Royal cruise in November but perhaps it’s changed on there and other cruise lines as well.

We’re heading to Sushi on 5 at 1:30pm and I will report back on that experience.  I’m going to guess it will be better since we’re paying extra. 😉

• Thanks 1

Another thing that’s really different on this cruise… no photographers around the ship.  They have a “sitting option” that you can schedule with packages starting at $350 🤣

I usually don’t like being photographed at dinner with food in my mouth but having the option to get a reasonably priced ship photograph as a memory is nice.  They should think about doing more candid shots around the ship and at the ports instead and selling them at reasonable prices.  That’s more natural and has the actual background behind you.

This is the first cruise we don’t have a family photo to hang on the wall.  Just my sad looking iPhone selfies of us.😢

4 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Missed this earlier.  Yes, she had a 29 foot draft.  We could only dock in Dockyard because of our deep draft.  The Meridian was previously owned by the Vatican and then an Italian cruise company.  It used to have a class system (before X) so when traveling down the corridors you would hit dead ends because it used to be an entrance or stairwell to a different class. I used to get all creeped out when that would happen.  There were mirrors everywhere and it always felt like someone was watching you.  Mind you this was before we had cameras everywhere.  She truly was “all ship”.  Beautiful wooden decks and rails everywhere.  Low ceilings.  Our showroom was the size of one of the lounges on today’s ships.  Our shows were great though.  Simple but elegant.  The costumes were out of this world gorgeous. We had a live band.  Smoking was still allowed all over the ship and I hated having smoke being blown in my face while singing my songs.  That was the only “stinky” part.  The midnight buffets were unbelievable and the food at all times was amazing back then.  I have very special memories of those days.

Just found this video from around the time you were on board.  It’s the first time I’ve seen Bob Hope serve as a spokes person for the brand.  

I did not know she couldn’t get into Hamilton but love that they ran their own tender into the city.  

Cruise culture was so much different then.  Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Hobbsey said:

Just found this video from around the time you were on board.  It’s the first time I’ve seen Bob Hope serve as a spokes person for the brand.  

I did not know she couldn’t get into Hamilton but love that they ran their own tender into the city.  

Cruise culture was so much different then.  Enjoy!

Wow.  That brought back such good memories!  Thanks for sharing that.  That video was produced a few years before my contracts  but the look and feel of the ship was just like the video showed.

Edited by Cruzinforpeace***
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

The buffet was frankly inedible and GREATLY reduced for us as well on most nights.  The MDR is slightly better so we’ve been forcing ourselves to get dressed up and go even though we love to be relaxed in the buffet. They are cost cutting big time with the food and staff.  You can definitely notice that they’re understaffed. I feel really bad for those working on X that have to dig a ditch with a spoon. We didn’t notice the declines on our Royal cruise in November but perhaps it’s changed on there and other cruise lines as well.

We’re heading to Sushi on 5 at 1:30pm and I will report back on that experience.  I’m going to guess it will be better since we’re paying extra. 😉

Buffet on the Beyond was similar to what you experienced. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

It’s raining at Sushi on 5

Yikes.  This can’t be good.  Too bad about the selection in the shops.  Maybe I will come across a John Hardy I can use my OBC on.  Do you have enough peanut butter to get you by in a pinch?🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Everything was very good and interesting.  We shared the chicken dumplings and the scallops sushi roll and a vegetarian sushi roll. We also shared the Matchamitsu for dessert.  

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_0899.jpeg

IMG_0900.jpeg

IMG_0901.jpeg

IMG_0902.jpeg

Looks good! Glad you enjoyed!

• Thanks 1