Escape, deck 8 ,for first timer on NCL

kittymamma

Would like to hear if you have cruised in one of the large balcony club cabins on Escape, deck 8. How is the movement being that far forward and do you hear noise from the theater below on deck 7 ? Any insight will be appreciated. We will be in 8734 specifically.

9 minutes ago, kittymamma said:

Thx, just what I was looking for. How about motion ? I have a tendency toward sea sickness, even though I take Bonine to avoid it....any issues being toward the front of the ship ?

Bottom line: If the seas are rough, the whole ship will be rocking and rolling.

Will the front of the ship move more than the center, physics says "yes". Will there be less roll than being high up on the ship, "yes". Would you be happier on Deck 5 in an inside cabin at the dead center of the ship, "no" (and it will be moving during heavy seas too). 

Keep your large balcony. 

If you get sea sick even with Bonnie, then maybe get a prescription patch. 

Will your specific cabin get sound bleed from the Theater, "yes". But theater activities usually are done by 11:00 pm. The more annoying thing is if the shows rehearse in the morning when you are trying to sleep in.

Edited by BirdTravels

I'm in a similar situation kittymamma.  Booked in 8732 on Breakaway this fall. I too am a little prone to motion sickness, but I'm not sweating it.  I'm counting on bonine, ginger chews and sea-bands to keep me on an even keel (pun intended, lol). I'm looking forward to crawling back to my room after a night out too.

I should of added to my above post that I too am very prone to motion sickness and with my sea bands, I have never had an issue in this location.   Also, in early mornings,  there is a coffee and pastry set up on both the port and starboard side on the waterfront .  

vacation44, thank you for that info because I NEED my coffee in the a.m.  What time do they normally have it available and is it complimentary?  Being our first time on NCL, I have a zillion questions and appreciate any additional advice that you or anybody else might offer. 

2 hours ago, kittymamma said:

vacation44, thank you for that info because I NEED my coffee in the a.m.  What time do they normally have it available and is it complimentary?  Being our first time on NCL, I have a zillion questions and appreciate any additional advice that you or anybody else might offer. 

You are very welcome.   Yes it is complimentary and I believe around 6:00 a.m. We too are early birds.