Windjammer dinner in the new menu era

16 hours ago, soremekun said:

Has anyone seen oxtails recently on Caribbean night?  On my last cruise on Oasis, there weren't any.

Some lady on FB said she found out ahead of her cruise that they were eliminated in Feb. She wrote to Royal and they gave her $50 OBC for her disappointment.  

I wish I were making this up.  I'm not.  She posted the letter she wrote and the response a couple of weeks later.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Some lady on FB said she found out ahead of her cruise that they were eliminated in Feb. She wrote to Royal and they gave her $50 OBC for her disappointment.  

I wish I were making this up.  I'm not.  She posted the letter she wrote and the response a couple of weeks later.  

If something bothers you, there is no harm in writing a letter. Usually they will give you a standard response and sometimes you will get bonus dollars. Like WJ theme nights, ymmv.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, marci22 said:

If something bothers you, there is no harm in writing a letter. Usually they will give you a standard response and sometimes you will get bonus dollars. Like WJ theme nights, ymmv.

You know what bothers me?  Absolutely inconsistent treatment of passenger complaints.  $50 for anticipated disappointment over not serving oxtails on an UPCOMING cruise.  I wrote the executive office multiple times over itinerary changes with 2 missed ports where the port fees weren't even refunded and got zilch.  Missed Oxtails got compensated  vs. something that actually DID change my planned vacation as we lost a little bit of money on a private excursion along with the real disappointment of the changed itinerary.  I can't help but wonder how much OBC was handed out - inconsistently - to the thousands that wrote in re the menu changes.  Truly absurd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

You know what bothers me?  Absolutely inconsistent treatment of passenger complaints.  $50 for anticipated disappointment over not serving oxtails on an UPCOMING cruise.  I wrote the executive office multiple times over itinerary changes with 2 missed ports where the port fees weren't even refunded and got zilch.  Missed Oxtails got compensated  vs. something that actually DID change my planned vacation as we lost a little bit of money on a private excursion along with the real disappointment of the changed itinerary.  I can't help but wonder how much OBC was handed out - inconsistently - to the thousands that wrote in re the menu changes.  Truly absurd.

Agreed. I complained that the beds were too hard once. They gave me 30% of my fare(s) as FCC. It was over $1,200. Recently, a friend had a much more serious complaint, one that I advised warranted escalating up, and they got offered $200 obc. Depends on who comes across your communication.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marci22 said:

Talked to only one person about it so maybe he was misinformed. I did eat there 3 nights and didn't notice any themes. We had to search for the Indian food each day and I remember it being all the way in the back. Only ever one choice of entree plus rice, bread and lentils. One night it was a dal and beans choice so a meat protein was not guaranteed. Just seemed to be less choice overall.

As you and many others have noted, choices in WJ get increasingly less each cruise, certainly on the cruises I have been on. It began with desserts but now the reduction in choices apply to entrees and more.

I recall the location of the Indian food options being only at the first serving station on the right side because I was able to bypass that station and its line and go directly to the rear stations and sitting area.