Valetta: Port to New Parliament Building?

We are looking at a walking food tour in Messina that meets at the New Parliament Building.

Are we going to easily be able to get there from the port?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, KKB said:

We are looking at a walking food tour in Messina that meets at the New Parliament Building.

Are we going to easily be able to get there from the port?

Thanks

Messina or Valletta? (as the subject line is Valletta but your text reads Messina.)  Assuming Valletta as I don't recall any parliament buildings in Messina,

Very easy to do. It is a long steep and uphill walk from the port to the town, but instead you could exit the port, turn right and walk along  the pavement (flat )until you see the entrance to the elevator across the street. You will probably have passed it on your starboard side as your ship makes its way to the berth Pre pandemic  It was 1 euro pp to go up, free to come down. Takes you up to the Barrakka Gardens from where there are magnificent views of the harbour.  Exit the gardens and you will already be in the centre of the city., and I think (you can check on a map) that all  the newer buildings are to the left. only a few minutes walk away in the direction of the bus station.

And do be up on deck early for the arrival into the quite stunning Grand Harbour as  it is a wonderful sail-in

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Messina or Valletta? (as the subject line is Valletta but your text reads Messina.)  Assuming Valletta as I don't recall any parliament buildings in Messina,

Very easy to do. It is a long steep and uphill walk from the port to the town, but instead you could exit the port, turn right and walk along  the pavement (flat )until you see the entrance to the elevator across the street. You will probably have passed it on your starboard side as your ship makes its way to the berth Pre pandemic  It was 1 euro pp to go up, free to come down. Takes you up to the Barrakka Gardens from where there are magnificent views of the harbour.  Exit the gardens and you will already be in the centre of the city., and I think (you can check on a map) that all  the newer buildings are to the left. only a few minutes walk away in the direction of the bus station.

And do be up on deck early for the arrival into the quite stunning Grand Harbour as  it is a wonderful sail-in

YES--Valetta, sorry!! 
(I accidentally posted in Italy forum 1st thinking it was Messina...)

Thanks!!

On 7/24/2023 at 2:04 PM, edinburgher said:

The info on the lift is great news for us as walking uphill is not possible. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

The info on the lift is great news for us as walking uphill is not possible. Thank you. 

Thanks for acknowledging as not everyone does.

Pleased it will work work you.  Probably the best value euro 1 pp you will  spend.

• Like 1

It was an easy way to get into the city from the port for us as well. There is a little bit of a walk to the lift on flat ground though, as an FYI. Enjoy. Such a wonderful port to visit. So much to see and do, that we are looking forward to returning. 
And as mentioned, be on deck early for the sail in. Spectacular 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 1