Luggage Tags?

ColumboRocks

Once you've checked in at 21 days prior to your cruise, your boarding docs and luggage tags will be available within days. When you scroll down to the section "At The Pier" you'll see an icon that says "print luggage tags here". If you do not get the opportunity to print them prior to departure you definitely can get them at the port. 

Edited by Coastalbreezes

23 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

You can also get reuseable luggage tag holders at Amazon.

I have been using these Cruise Critic ones for years.  They're really helpful.  It beats having to figure out how to staple the paper ones after a flight.  I just put these tags on when I am arriving at the port.

Cruise Critic Store: Cruise Luggage Tag Holder - Cruise Critic Community

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have been using these Cruise Critic ones for years.  They're really helpful.  It beats having to figure out how to staple the paper ones after a flight.  I just put these tags on when I am arriving at the port.

Cruise Critic Store: Cruise Luggage Tag Holder - Cruise Critic Community

Exactly, but I  use ones from amazon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I like that yours have the stainless steel attachments.  Mine have pliable plastic attachments.  I may have to look and see if I can find the stainless steel attachments online.

I wonder why the Amazon is only showing them for NCL tags.  Won't they work with a number of other cruise lines'?

I found some on Amazon!  Pretty colors too!!

Amazon.com : AMUU Keychain,Keychain Loop 14 Pack of 6.3 Inches Stainless Steel Wire Ring 2mm Cable Loop Rings for Hanging Luggage Tag, Keyrings and ID Tag Keepers (Pack of 14-6.3 inch) : Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Edited by Daniel A

34 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I like that yours have the stainless steel attachments.  Mine have pliable plastic attachments.  I may have to look and see if I can find the stainless steel attachments online.

I wonder why the Amazon is only showing them for NCL tags.  Won't they work with a number of other cruise lines'?

Amazon.com : AMUU Keychain,Keychain Loop 14 Pack of 6.3 Inches Stainless Steel Wire Ring 2mm Cable Loop Rings for Hanging Luggage Tag, Keyrings and ID Tag Keepers (Pack of 14-6.3 inch) : Arts, Crafts & Sewing

The tags may vary in size.  Search amazon using the cruise line name and luggage tags.  They have some for every line.

One of the reaons I choose those tags were the stainless steel attachments.  Pretty sure that will stay attached.

38 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean use the long skinny ones. I have a set of each depending on the line I’m going on. 

15 minutes ago, psalm104 said:

I see a reference to self-adhesive NCL luggage tags on the amazon listing. Are those available from NCL as opposed to the printable tags? Or is that outdated information?

I'm not sure, but I think those luggage tags are mailed out to guests sailing in the Haven.  Many experienced Haven passengers have reported that they prefer to use the standard ones they print out themselves from thier own computer.

On 7/24/2023 at 2:57 AM, ColumboRocks said:

How far in advance are these available on NCL?  And can you get them at the port of departure if not able to print?

Thanks!

In response to Part II of your question, you can get tags at some ports (I can only comment on NY, Miami and Seattle). The porters have had adhesive tags and Sharpies to write your cabin number on the tag. 

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I'm not sure, but I think those luggage tags are mailed out to guests sailing in the Haven.  Many experienced Haven passengers have reported that they prefer to use the standard ones they print out themselves from thier own computer.

I've received the NCL tags for several recent cruises, and I'm most certainly NOT in the Haven.  I do prefer the heavy vinyl, self-adhesive, NCL provided tags.  That said, if those don't show up, I do have the Amazon holders and they are great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EngrJones said:

I've received the NCL tags for several recent cruises, and I'm most certainly NOT in the Haven.  I do prefer the heavy vinyl, self-adhesive, NCL provided tags.  That said, if those don't show up, I do have the Amazon holders and they are great.

I just got the vinyl tags in the mail for an 8/25 cruise, as did many others on the cruise. They are nice. Note the Amazon holders only fits the printed version, not the ones they send you. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

I just got the vinyl tags in the mail for an 8/25 cruise, as did many others on the cruise. They are nice. Note the Amazon holders only fits the printed version, not the ones they send you. 

Why would you use the Amazon holders for the NCL provided tags?

On 7/25/2023 at 11:49 PM, EngrJones said:

Why would you use the Amazon holders for the NCL provided tags?

I don't do this either, but there are a boatload of folks on the forums that swear by tag holders. I don't understand, but hey it's their money, not mine. 

• Like 1

As a non-Haven cruiser, we haven’t received vinyl tags since 2022.  So…we bought the tag holders from Amazon with the stainless attachment.  However, getting that stainless wire open is ridiculously difficult.  I have to put on readers in order to see which part to turn…and even then I often can’t figure out which way to turn.  

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

As a non-Haven cruiser, we haven’t received vinyl tags since 2022.  So…we bought the tag holders from Amazon with the stainless attachment.  However, getting that stainless wire open is ridiculously difficult.  I have to put on readers in order to see which part to turn…and even then I often can’t figure out which way to turn.  

The Cruise Critic ones use a clear plastic loop to attach the tag holder.  As I posted earlier, they can be found here:  Cruise Critic Store: Cruise Luggage Tag Holder - Cruise Critic Community