Wine Tour Recommendation for Hunter Valley

Rainbow3fe

Hi,

We love  good wines and would like recommendations for a Hunter Valley wine tour from Sydney.  We are there for a few days before our Oceania cruise. I looked at Viatour but nothing sounded special. 

I appreciate your input.

Thanks 😎🌊🍷

We did a wonderful winery tour from Sydney....Hunter Valley.   Check out the website for Gourmet Getaway Tours with Chef Jimmy. He only does the tours 3 or 4 days a week. Small group.  Pickup behind our hotel (Hilton)...drop-off about a block away because of traffic snarls.  Started off at Sydnfish market,  stopping in Brooklyn,  Australia for a breakfast that Chef Jimmy cooked. Then sushi making class. Then onto the Hunter Valley.  We stopped at Ernest Hill,  Pokolbin and Saddlers Creek wineries.  Super food and wines.  This was truly a find.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi,

We love  good wines and would like recommendations for a Hunter Valley wine tour from Sydney.  We are there for a few days before our Oceania cruise. I looked at Viatour but nothing sounded special. 

I appreciate your input.

Thanks 😎🌊🍷

Our cruise was the Oceania 35 day circumnavigation last December.    Spent a week in Sydney before cruise

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

We did a wonderful winery tour from Sydney....Hunter Valley.   Check out the website for Gourmet Getaway Tours with Chef Jimmy. He only does the tours 3 or 4 days a week. Small group.  Pickup behind our hotel (Hilton)...drop-off about a block away because of traffic snarls.  Started off at Sydnfish market,  stopping in Brooklyn,  Australia for a breakfast that Chef Jimmy cooked. Then sushi making class. Then onto the Hunter Valley.  We stopped at Ernest Hill,  Pokolbin and Saddlers Creek wineries.  Super food and wines.  This was truly a find.

Thanks. So happy to hear that. It sounds wonderful.  We did find Jimmy and booked this amazing tour.

😎

Edited by Rainbow3fe

18 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Thanks. So happy to hear that. It sounds wonderful.  We did find Jimmy and booked this amazing tour.

😎

We are still talking about it 6 months later.   We did a bunch of wine tours while on this cruise.  And spent a week in Sydney beforehand.   If you want any more info just email me......marjim48atgmaildotcom 

Just now, Mrs f. said:

We are still talking about it 6 months later.   We did a bunch of wine tours while on this cruise.  And spent a week in Sydney beforehand.   If you want any more info just email me......marjim48atgmaildotcom 

And we brought a dozen bottles of wine to the ship. Liquorland in Sydney and Townsville. And a good bottleshop across the street in Broome where O has their shuttle bus

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

And we brought a dozen bottles of wine to the ship. Liquorland in Sydney and Townsville. And a good bottleshop across the street in Broome where O has their shuttle bus

I appreciate your help.  We are staying a week in Manly Beach pre-cruise. We have stayed there before and are looking forward to a wonderful trip.

This next cruise is to New Zealand. Will definitely pick up wines, both on tour and in Liquorland.

😎

Edited by Rainbow3fe

• 3 weeks later...