Cabin 4122 Koningsdam

SusieO

We booked this cabin on the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2024. I called as soon as I paid deposit this afternoon to add Club Orange and it’s sold out. 
Has anyone stayed in this cabin?  Are the lifeboats directly in front blocking your view or are they lower than the deck, so you can still see out? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, SusieO said:

We booked this cabin on the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2024. I called as soon as I paid deposit this afternoon to add Club Orange and it’s sold out. 
Has anyone stayed in this cabin?  Are the lifeboats directly in front blocking your view or are they lower than the deck, so you can still see out? Thanks!

Take a look at this cabin on HALfacts.com.  It’s close to yours and same category.\\

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4138-koningsdam/

You can see that the lifeboats are lower.  Same general location with lifeboats and VH category.

We were on Deck Four on the Konigsdam over the holidays, you may have a cabin with a very deep extended balcony on that deck.  Assuming you booked a verandah cabin.

The extended part is not covered, and this extra balcony section can be seen from the very end of the aft pool deck railing area, looking down on this part of your extended verandah many decks below. It was of little consequence, and few lingered to look very long.

The rest of the balcony outside the cabin door is covered, normal size and private.  Views out to sea were not obstructed.  Only if looking directly over the railing and looking down, so overall the lifeboats did not interfere with normal sea views.

We thought these deck Deck Four  cabins were secret bonus cabins. However we also had "short drawers" in the particular cabin we had - sorry don't remember the number nor do I know if this is the same in all deck four verandahs.  Longer verandah but shorter drawers. Go figure. 

But there was still adequate storage space - just a surprise to pull out the drawer by the closets and have them stop very short of what we had in another regular verandah cabin on deck 8. (We had to do a mid cruise cabin switch, after adding another cruise segment later.)

16 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Sad to say, the photo gallery @kazu linked, is not a Verandah partially obscurred by a tender. It is a Vista Suite (note the bed next to the balcony) on the bump, looking aft at the Tender. A better idea of what you will see is (same website, different cabin):

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4142-nieuw-statendam/

I mucked up?  Sorry - looked like the same category when Iooked at the deck plan.

VH is a vista suite?  I must have looked at the wrong deck plan ???

thanks 🙂 and apologies if I mucked upl

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

I mucked up?  Sorry - looked like the same category when Iooked at the deck plan.

VH is a vista suite?  I must have looked at the wrong deck plan ???
thanks 🙂 and apologies if I mucked upl

No no, not you! Halfacts has a problem on the Pinnacle Class ships anyway (showing both Verandahs and Vista Suites as "V"), but in this case it's flatly the wrong number. Looks like Vista Suite 4112ish.

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Sad to say, the photo gallery @kazu linked, is not a Verandah partially obscurred by a tender. It is a Vista Suite (note the bed next to the balcony) on the bump, looking aft at the Tender. A better idea of what you will see is (same website, different cabin):

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4142-nieuw-statendam/

This picture that @crystalspin posted matches the picture on Cruisedeckplans.com for the cabin in the same location but opposite side, starboard, of the ship. (#4137).  It looks straight out to the lifeboat.

Koningsdam Beethoven Deck Plans (cruisedeckplans.com)

If that's not okay with you, can you change it?  It's a category VH.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger