Grand Voyages (not World Cruise)

I have a question for those of you who book Grand Voyages.  On the website I don't see any fare options giving an amenity package such as beverage/wifi/gratuities etc.    When I play around on the website it only offers me 'cruise only' pricing with either the option to cancel.  I was hoping to find more info on the HAL website speaking to benefits and amenities for Grand Voyages but I can't seem to find anything.  Am I missing something?

11 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I have a question for those of you who book Grand Voyages.  On the website I don't see any fare options giving an amenity package such as beverage/wifi/gratuities etc.    When I play around on the website it only offers me 'cruise only' pricing with either the option to cancel.  I was hoping to find more info on the HAL website speaking to benefits and amenities for Grand Voyages but I can't seem to find anything.  Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything to my knowledge. Our last two GVs (albeit pre-pandemic) did not include any benefits/amenities other than minor past guest OBC. I don't believe that GVs have ever offered the type of perks that accrue to the world cruises - even if you do a long segment of a WC.

We chose ours based on the itineraries, and just evaluated the price as what it was. 🍺🥌

13 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

You're not missing anything to my knowledge. Our last two GVs (albeit pre-pandemic) did not include any benefits/amenities other than minor past guest OBC. I don't believe that GVs have ever offered the type of perks that accrue to the world cruises - even if you do a long segment of a WC.

We chose ours based on the itineraries, and just evaluated the price as what it was. 🍺🥌

Granted this is our first Grand Voyage, but when we booked our upcoming Grand Australia, we got some  perks including unlimited luggage forwarding, prepaid gratuities, Wifi, complimentary shore excursion, etc.  Some or all of that may have been because we booked early too.

• Thanks 1

Grand Voyages have special amenities packages but they are tied to paying in full for the cruise early, usually about 4 to 6 months before departure.  The amount of the amenities depends on your cabin level, but at least in ocean view cabins you get prepaid crew gratuities (a sizable amount on a cruise that long), luggage transfer services between your home and the ship at both ends of the cruise, two pieces for each passenger, and some other smaller things.  There is more in higher level cabins, including free shore excursions and some free wifi.  We have always found this well worth paying up early.  And if you pay a little earlier than that there is a 3% discount on the cruise fare.  You can get the required payment dates and full list of amenities from your TA or PCC.

• Thanks 2

On 7/26/2023 at 11:23 AM, RBB said:

Grand Voyages have special amenities packages but they are tied to paying in full for the cruise early, usually about 4 to 6 months before departure.  The amount of the amenities depends on your cabin level, but at least in ocean view cabins you get prepaid crew gratuities (a sizable amount on a cruise that long), luggage transfer services between your home and the ship at both ends of the cruise, two pieces for each passenger, and some other smaller things.  There is more in higher level cabins, including free shore excursions and some free wifi.  We have always found this well worth paying up early.  And if you pay a little earlier than that there is a 3% discount on the cruise fare.  You can get the required payment dates and full list of amenities from your TA or PCC.

And if you book a suite, you have unlimited luggage transfer service, a really good benefit for these long voyages where you need to take more items.  For our 2018 Grand Asia, we shipped four pieces of luggage and two cardboard boxes filled with all those items that you can expect to runout of on an 89 day cruise; computer paraphernalia, extra clothes hangers, sufficient OTC and prescription meds, a throw for the sofa, etc., etc.  As others have remarked, many of these benefits are available only during the initial offering.  Nonetheless, I notice that the benefits were still being offered late last year for the '23 WC.