Santorini Tender Timing

majmaj4

I am on a HAL cruise to Santorini.  We are scheduled to be in Santorini from 7-5.  If I don’t take an organized excursion: when do the tenders start reaching the port at the base of the cable car.  I am club orange so I should be able to get one of the earlier tenders.

TIA

i am still weighing HAL excursion vs independent excursion vs on my own.

2 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

I am club orange so I should be able to get one of the earlier tenders.

Club Orange or not, it is likely that they will still give priority to shorex passengers with all others following behind.

58 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Club Orange or not, it is likely that they will still give priority to shorex passengers with all others following behind.

The OP was asking about the old port. Shore excursions go ashore at Athinios first. Then other pax are tendered at the old port.

16 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The OP was asking about the old port. Shore excursions go ashore at Athinios first. Then other pax are tendered at the old port.

Well yes. But the OP was asking about the timing of  tenders reaching the old port.

majmaj4,this is a HAL specific question, therefore I would ask the question about Santorini tender procedure on the HAL Forum as others may have already visited this season and can answer.

There are way  too many variables to give you a definitive answer. Some examples below:

Will the ship arrive earlier or later than scheduled?

How quickly will tenders be lowered?

Will shorex tenders run first to Athinios followed by all others to the old port, or will they have tenders running simultaneously to both?

Whichever it is, is this a decision by individual Captains or is it standard across all ships in the fleet?

How many other categories of pax wil be entitled to priority  tendering? Thinking of suite guests, those on top tier loyalty scheme etc. will they have priority over Club Orange?

How many Club Orange upgrades do they sell on one sailing?  Is there a cap of maybe 100 or 200 or are they available in unlimited numbers to those who choose to buy the upgrade?  If unlimited, could there be as many as  400 or 500? or more?

As above, I think your best answers would be found on the HAL forum.

Edited by edinburgher

47 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

at Santorini, local regulations require use of local tender operators, not ships tenders. The tenders are numerous,  and generally bigger than ships tenders. 

.Learn something new each day as I didn't remember that from any of our three visits.

So does that info give the OP the time as I thought that was what was being asked for, unless of course I got that wrong too.

OP when do the tenders start reaching the port at the base of the cable car.

From now on I will simply give any OP a link to the Santorini/Fira/Oia "sticky" at the top of the Greece Ports forum.

Edited by edinburgher