Newbie 'guaranteed cabin' query

Korimako

I am thinking of booking a Princess cruise out of Sydney later this year/early next year. My TA is currently on holiday (!) so I have been idly looking at cabin categories for the cruise I'm considering. When I try the 'choose your own cabin' option, it inevitably defaults to ' guaranteed cabin chosen by Princess' mode. Is it possible to choose a cabin so I know what I'm getting - and more importantly, where - before I pay out thousands of dollars? Will my TA have access to the available cabins? I don't mind paying more because I really don't like the idea of a lucky dip.

TIA

18 minutes ago, Korimako said:

I am thinking of booking a Princess cruise out of Sydney later this year/early next year. My TA is currently on holiday (!) so I have been idly looking at cabin categories for the cruise I'm considering. When I try the 'choose your own cabin' option, it inevitably defaults to ' guaranteed cabin chosen by Princess' mode. Is it possible to choose a cabin so I know what I'm getting - and more importantly, where - before I pay out thousands of dollars? Will my TA have access to the available cabins? I don't mind paying more because I really don't like the idea of a lucky dip.

TIA

Yes, if you elect the option to choose your own cabin and a TA will have access to inventory.

Yes, a T.A. can help. All depends on the category you are trying to book. You also indicate that you are looking at a cruise for late December/early January. This sounds like a holiday cruise. Holiday cruises probably have strong bookings. Cabin availability may be short, and could be a reason that Princess has decided to assign cabins themselves.