Children's Birth Certifcate

tvo7

32 minutes ago, tvo7 said:

You have traveled on RC with your kids and they did not require the notarized letter?

No, I wrote to the executive office and was told (see post 11) that as long as the solo parent's name is on the BC, you will be able to board.  We travel in March.  This is my daughter and granddaughter.

• Like 1

We've taken my niece, who's about the same age as your kids with a BC. You don't need the ones with the footprints, the ones you have are fine.

You may, however, need a notarized form signed by the Mom to take them on the ship. Your TA or Royal can provide you with this.

11 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

We've taken my niece, who's about the same age as your kids with a BC. You don't need the ones with the footprints, the ones you have are fine.

You may, however, need a notarized form signed by the Mom to take them on the ship. Your TA or Royal can provide you with this.

Seems like you have not read the thread from the beginning. OP says the mom won’t sign. 

There probably is more to this than OP is telling us. Perhaps he should not be taking the children? In any case I could see either possibility occurring. They accept the documents without a form or they don’t. Since he will be there and so will the kids and they have the same last name  that might work.

Advice has been given that he consult his attorney. That might be wise because the mom will know he took the kids on a cruise and if for some reason all is not right with that I doubt he would want to jeopardize his custody agreement. 

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You could call the RC call center reps 10 times and get different answers each time. 

This is unfortunately the truth with all the cruise lines.  You can also post your query on the family board if you'd like to try to learn more about other people's experiences.  It's really a shame since your divorce decree allows you to travel with your child, that a court can't fill out a letter stating that you are following the divorce decree.  Since that isn't an option as far as I know, I'd also bring a copy of the divorce decree and the email you sent her notifying her of the fact that you are taking the kids out of the country.   And best of luck to you!

Edited by kitkat343