Explorations Cafe Menu Question

GrandmaRocket

I'm sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam to Alaska in September! Hurray! 

But I have a question about the Explorations Cafe - can someone tell me if non-dairy milk alternatives are available (ie, soy, oat milk)? 

I loved the specialty coffees on my last voyage, but since then have developed lactose intolerance.

On the Zaandam last summer, I asked for almond milk.  They did not have it, but the next time I went, one of the baristas had fetched some for me and kept it in stock for the rest of our 35 day voyage.   It doesn’t hurt to ask.  I did not need to ask again, but YMMV.

Edited by NanaJPB
  • Like 1

I have always been able to get oat milk and have seen almond milk there as well. Like NanaJPB said they are always happy to go and get it if they don't have it already at that station... all you need to do is ask and so shall you receive😊

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GrandmaRocket said:

I'm sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam to Alaska in September! Hurray! 

But I have a question about the Explorations Cafe - can someone tell me if non-dairy milk alternatives are available (ie, soy, oat milk)? 

I loved the specialty coffees on my last voyage, but since then have developed lactose intolerance.

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in May and the barista in the Explorations Cafe was on his first contract.  I am sure if you insist, he will make sure as noted above that you will have a milk alternative.

26 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Is the coffee at explorations cafe as good as the Dutch cafe ?

Same. I don't need almond milk or oat milk or goat milk or flavored liquor whatever that is milk. Just need a coffee and don't ask for lofat milk. Just go with the flow. I always wonder why I  stand in line. It does drive me crazy. Such a long line! But, crazy beats lazy any day of the week. That rhymes too!