Aix, Cassis & Marseille: which 2 of the 3?

DavidDSimon

Have a stop in Marseille on Tuesday, Aug. 22 (me, wife, 14 year old twins).  Looking at a few shore excursions from same well reviewed company on Viator (8 person max tour) and basically it comes down to three tours which each offer visiting 2 out of the 3 of Aix,Cassis and Marseille so question is which two would you choose for a first time family?

(FYI - using Viator rather than direct booking as we have a credit to use . . .)

Edited by DavidDSimon

When we visited that area with our then teens, they enjoyed Aix en Provence.  It’s a beautiful town, with lovely fountains and a good market.   Nearby Les Baux de Provence is also a wonderfully evocative site.    If in Cassis you are doing a boat trip of the calanques  with a chance to swim that would be awesome.  I have not visited Marseille so cannot comment on that. 

Edited by bennybear
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DavidDSimon said:

Have a stop in Marseille on Tuesday, Aug. 22 (me, wife, 14 year old twins).  Looking at a few shore excursions from same well reviewed company on Viator (8 person max tour) and basically it comes down to three tours which each offer visiting 2 out of the 3 of Aix,Cassis and Marseille so question is which two would you choose for a first time family?

(FYI - using Viator rather than direct booking as we have a credit to use . . .)

Aix and Cassis. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2023 at 8:07 PM, SJpaul said:

Any review on your experience now that ou are home? Looking at the same

It was really nice.  Two very different cities and nice to have some time to walk around and explore both.  I think a nice way to spend the day in that port.