Does a cruise like this interest you?

golfguyhhi

On 7/30/2023 at 10:50 AM, cruisemom42 said:

As Hank says above, this used to be offered by HAL every so often (every few years) but has not recently been available. I imagine the increased hassle and fares of flying to/from Europe are one factor leading HAL to reintroduce it. 

HAL has for years been doing an annual summertime "Voyage of the Vikings", first out of New York, but for quite some time now, round trip from Boston via Greenland and Iceland to Western Europe and return...usually 35 or so days roundtrip....

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E4T35A/U450.html

4 hours ago, bob brown said:

HAL has for years been doing an annual summertime "Voyage of the Vikings", first out of New York, but for quite some time now, round trip from Boston via Greenland and Iceland to Western Europe and return...usually 35 or so days roundtrip....

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E4T35A/U450.html

Yes, but this one is to the Med, not just northern Europe. 

HAL offers a number of "Grand Voyages" -- there is some division on the HAL boards as to whether or not this represents the long-missing "Grand Mediterranean". Mention was made on the last HAL World Cruise of an even longer Med itinerary to/from the US that is in the works.

We love sea days so I would consider it. Noticed that Viking had a 33 day R/T from LA to the South Pacific. That one looks interesting too. I’d rather spend time on a ship than a plane. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1