Booking BL - 2 questions about deck 12

tbmrt

We cruised on SL in June and are booking BL for next Feb.  Before doing so though, I wanted to ask: (see attached)

1.  I read somewhere that the lifeboats will be "brought in" to make ship a bit narrower for Panama Canal trips.  Would this affect the view looking down from  the TR Sea Terrace cabins on Deck 12? 

2.  Would people in cabin 12067z be looking at the TR Sea Terrace cabins near it? For example, 12027 thru 12090z?  

3.  Are the embarkation times for BL handled the same way as SL?  (I think if you booked sooner than later you got earlier embarkation times)?

Thanks so much!

ScreenHunter_32 Jul. 29 05.00.jpg

Edited by tbmrt
added attachment

On the other three ships only deck 8 has obstructed views therefore even if the lifeboats are moved slightly I doubt it will affect anything higher than deck 9.

I would assume once the app works for Brilliant Lady you’ll be able to check in and get a check in time slot. Note it’s an arrival time not an embarkation time. The way it is handled does differ between ports slightly, for example at Athens they have seating for those who arrive before their time slot.

• Like 1

As above, your arrival time selections are based on when you download the app and see what is available.  So, it is a good idea to log onto the app as soon as you book a cruise to find the earliest available times.  

My bad example--booked a year in advance, but didn't go onto the app for THAT booking until we had cruised the one we had booked for an earlier date.  When I went to the app to insert info and select time, the earliest times were gone.  Lesson learned!

Boarding has been slightly different at each of the embarkation ports we have used...but not enough difference to be concerned about.  The process is basically the same, the concept of where you wait, etc. is slightly different.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1

According to some reports, BL is slightly narrower than the other three ships, there modifications to the lifeboat connections and something may have been done to the rear overhang as well.

But the lifeboats should have no affect on the view from Deck 12. Deck 8 will be impacted if the lifeboats have been raised up. 

Embarkation procedures are unknown at this time. As others have noted you have to choose your arrival time in the App.  If you status match, you can get into the Deep Blue Extras program and be poised to hopefully roll into whatever plan is coming in 2024. We have no idea what the loyalty / status match program will be yet, but it would be nice if they took a page from MSC and added hotel loyalty to their list.