Boarding Time NCL Escape Miami

Marlin girl

Hello.  Our check in time next week is 9:30 AM.  What time do they open the doors for check in and what time do they actually start the process of getting on the ship.  Also, is best place to make dinner reservations still across from Le Bistro by Comedy Club?  It’s been a while since we’ve cruised NCL.  Thanks everyone so much!

When I left out of Miami, we got there at 9:00 and we weren't the first ones through the door.  We actually stepped on the ship around noon.  I'd try to do as many reservations online now, but if everything is booked, they'll tell you onboard where to go (or you can also do it on your room TV).

7 hours ago, Marlin girl said:

Hello.  Our check in time next week is 9:30 AM.  What time do they open the doors for check in and what time do they actually start the process of getting on the ship.  Also, is best place to make dinner reservations still across from Le Bistro by Comedy Club?  It’s been a while since we’ve cruised NCL.  Thanks everyone so much!

Correct. Across from Bistro on deck 6 is where you will go to make reservations.

12 hours ago, Marlin girl said:

The terminal will open between 9:00 and 9:30. First thing in the morning, there will be a line, so it will take you a while to get through security and to check-in. Miami uses an advanced security screening system where everything needs to go into a bin for automated processing by x-ray equipment. Check in lines move quickly. So, if you arrive at 9:30, it may take you 45ish minutes to get through check-in. 

You didn't mention a ship name. The answer to the rest of your question is dependent upon whether you are on the Escape or the Sky.

Haven/Suite boarding will start around 11:00 am. Haven guests have a separate security screening and check-in area. And a private lounge that looks down on the steerage class passengers. 

Passengers requiring assistance start boarding around 11:00 am.  

Priority boarding (top-tier Latitudes members) starts around 11:15 am. 

General boarding by boarding group starts around 11:30 am. If you arrive at 9:30, you will probably be in boarding group 10+. 

On the Escape, you immediately go to the box office, Deck 7, Forward, Starboard entrance to the Theater to make show reservations. At the entrance, you get an entertainment menu (shown below) and check off the shows you want. Comedy shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+), Choir of Man (which should be booked online 21 or 26 days prior to departure), complimentary dinner shows in the Supper Club. On the flip side, note the times of shows that do not take reservations, but you want to see (to deconflict with your dinner reservations). You can also book Canvas By U painting classes in the box office. 

One the Escape, you then head down to Teppanyaki, Deck 6 mid-ship, to make dining reservations (across the Comedy Club, Next to Le Bistro). If you have no dining reservations, you can try to make those reservations using the NCL App or the touch screen kiosks in public elevator lobbies. But, going to the reservation center is easier. 

After making your dinner reservations, go to your muster station and check in with your station lead. 

If you are on the Escape, I have included a link below to a Live Post I did from the ship in May to give you an idea on what's happening on the ship and photos of the major venues. 

IMG_4386.thumb.jpeg.6743c6b7acc49f74ba3c0542e937d78f.jpeg

IMG_4385.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

52 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are on the Escape, I have included a link below to a Live Post I did from the ship in May to give you an idea on what's happening on the ship and photos of the major venues. 

IMG_4386.thumb.jpeg.6743c6b7acc49f74ba3c0542e937d78f.jpeg

IMG_4385.jpeg

Thanks for this, Bird!  I'll be on the Escape for the first time this December for a week.

5 minutes ago, wally4ever said:

Thanks for this, Bird!  I'll be on the Escape for the first time this December for a week.

Have a great cruise!

The Escape, being the first Breakaway Plus ship, has a few unique things. The Supper Club still has a few complimentary dinner shows (it used to be every night when the ship first sailed). On the Bliss, Encore, and Joy, that space is Q BBQ (which we hate). 

And we love Pincho Tapas. On the Bliss, Encore, and Joy, that space is used by an expanded Ocean Blue. 

Bayamo (Ocean Blue) and Pincho used to be a lot better when they were run by Iron Chef Jose Garces. But like Geoffrey Zacharian and Jimmy Buffett, NCL has terminated their contracts with celebrities and dumbed down menus. 

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Have a great cruise!

The Escape, being the first Breakaway Plus ship, has a few unique things. The Supper Club still has a few complimentary dinner shows (it used to be every night when the ship first sailed). On the Bliss, Encore, and Joy, that space is Q BBQ (which we hate). 

And we love Pincho Tapas. On the Bliss, Encore, and Joy, that space is used by an expanded Ocean Blue. 

Bayamo (Ocean Blue) and Pincho used to be a lot better when they were run by Iron Chef Jose Garces. But like Geoffrey Zacharian and Jimmy Buffett, NCL has terminated their contracts with celebrities and dumbed down menus. 

Is Pincho open for lunch on sea days?  I have Bayamo, Cagney's, Moderno, Le Bistro, and Teppanyaki as my must-attends for every cruise that has them, and then it would either be La Cucina or Pincho for the other one (the day in St. Thomas, I don't anticipate wanting anything other than a quick snack at O'Sheehan's).  But if Pincho is open for lunch I don't need to choose!

I didn't realize reservations were suggested for comedy - how necessary is that? I already have dinner and Choir of Man reservations (and am Haven, in case that makes a difference in being able to secure anything...) I like to play some things by ear and not over schedule myself in advance. 

17 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

I didn't realize reservations were suggested for comedy - how necessary is that? I already have dinner and Choir of Man reservations (and am Haven, in case that makes a difference in being able to secure anything...) I like to play some things by ear and not over schedule myself in advance. 

I've always erred on the side of over-reserving.  If I make a reservation I don't use, somebody on the wait list will take it.  If I don't make a reservation and decide I want to do something, I have to hope some joker like me skips out 🙂